Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Playoff xsmhx Attendance Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion

Annual Playoff xsmhx Attendance Thread

It's not all that surprising to me that the Bayou Classic outdrew the 8 FCS first round games combined but pretty disappointing to see the numbers for UNI and UNH specifically. I also thought Stony Brook and Kennesaw would be higher. Nice job by Nicholls and Weber St though!
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    My Team
    Wofford

Re: Annual Playoff xsmhx Attendance Thread

To be fair to Kennesaw, their attendance was about 80% of what it usually is, which is again, not bad. Eyeballing their wiki page it seems the mode attendance was about 6800 and their stadium capacity is 8500.

I could be wrong, but I think Kennesaw is primarily a commuter school, so their size may be misleading, so this turnout is not unimpressive

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    To be fair to Kennesaw, their attendance was about 80% of what it usually is, which is again, not bad. Eyeballing their wiki page it seems the mode attendance was about 6800 and their stadium capacity is 8500.

I could be wrong, but I think Kennesaw is primarily a commuter school, so their size may be misleading, so this turnout is not unimpressive
    Yeah, I guess their's wasn't too bad. Average attendance for them was 6885 so they did fairly well. You have to expect some drop off for these Thanksgiving weekend games. They weren't as bad as the others.

In the regular season UNI averaged 10,816, UNH averaged 12,751, and SBU averaged 7,893.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

My Team
    Kennesaw State

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post

That's right, however there's a big opportunity to improve student attendance. Most haven't began to prioritize KSU in any sport over their lifelong allegiances to other schools, so there's a significant inverse correlation to our student attendance and when UGA has big games. Those that are there are definitely into the game, but the student section could be something fierce if people would realize their diploma will read Kennesaw State, not UGA.

AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    My Team
    Wofford

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman_ View Post
    That's right, however there's a big opportunity to improve student attendance. Most haven't began to prioritize KSU in any sport over their lifelong allegiances to other schools, so there's a significant inverse correlation to our student attendance and when UGA has big games. Those that are there are definitely into the game, but the student section could be something fierce if people would realize their diploma will read Kennesaw State, not UGA.
    All I can say is "Welcome to the FCS in the Southeast"

My Team
    North Dakota State

UNI and UNH wtf
    I stole this from a hockey card
    I keep trapped up under
    My 50 Mission Cap

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

The crowd at the UNH-Lehigh game last year was terrible too. How are they paying for these games? Is money being subsidized through another channel?
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    The crowd at the UNH-Lehigh game last year was terrible too. How are they paying for these games? Is money being subsidized through another channel?
    Gotta be booster dollars right?
    2,385 is a ****ing embarrassment.
    I stole this from a hockey card
    I keep trapped up under
    My 50 Mission Cap

I'm no better than you...probably
    My Team
    Montana

I don't know if you are talking about UNH or the NCAA but...

If UNH...don't know how much they bid but probably didn't have to bid a bunch in the first place to hose as most schools do the minimum which used to be about 50K I think it was. If you have 2000 people at $25/ticket you cover it or if it is a bit less then a donor or advertiser will probably cover it. But as I said earlier in the week UNH is no cash cow for the playoffs and they never have been. Hell their season avg. crowds of 10-12k would not be considered a cash cow for anyone let alone what they do for playoffs.

If you meant the NCAA...

How do they pay for every other championship series in every other sport? This is a misnomer about the "money" in the FCS field. There isn't any to really act like any of this moves the needle very much at all. It is all subsidized by the BBall tournament and anything the FCS can do to help balance this one aspect is good but it sure don't mean **** to the NCAA cuz it's tiny, tiny money.

All other championships lose money but they still run them so we should all be able to see that it doesn't mean all that much to them outside of trying to limit the losses with some of the rules they have.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

My Team
    North Dakota State

I think every NCAA tournament is subsidized by TV revenue from March Madness. I doubt the money ESPN pays for the non-basketball postseason is enough to cover all the expenses.