• Furman

46 47.42%
  • Wofford

51 52.58%
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Re: Furman @ Wofford (2nd round)

Quote Originally Posted by Terrier19 View Post
    Appreciate that very much.

I feel like I was blessed with a great young man. He really is, and for me to basically be a kid with a kid, I was playing ball at EKU while I had him. So, trying to be a student, ball player, and father, I made many mistakes along the way. I promise.
    We all have made mistakes, just need to recognize and learn from it and we only get better, btw wanted to clarify something .... I'm a Delaware fan, EKU beat us for the 1AA Championship back in 1982.
    Welcome back Delaware Bluehens

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    We all have made mistakes, just need to recognize and learn from it and we only get better, btw wanted to clarify something .... I'm a Delaware fan, EKU beat us for the 1AA Championship back in 1982.
    ahhhhhh....Got ya. Well, FWIW Delaware ended my Wofford guys title run in 03 I believe, in the Semi-Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    I look at it this way. If Newman was better than Goodson, he would be the starter.

I think Wofford probably loses the most to graduation of the SoCon teams. I counted 23 seniors on their roster. They may not all be key players, but that's a lot of depth gone in one year. Furman had a similarly sized class last year and ended up with 49 freshmen in 2017.
    yeah - later on wanted to do a way way too early 2018 SoCon posting. Woff loses A lot on offense. Returns a bunch of great defenders. Samford returns their entire offense.. that's sick. but loses some key defenders. Furman returns (literally) the entire defense (21 of 22) but loses key guys on O.

I'll break it down much better later at least through top 6/7 teams - waiting a week or so though

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    yeah - later on wanted to do a way way too early 2018 SoCon posting. Woff loses A lot on offense. Returns a bunch of great defenders. Samford returns their entire offense.. that's sick. but loses some key defenders. Furman returns (literally) the entire defense (21 of 22) but loses key guys on O.

I'll break it down much better later at least through top 6/7 teams - waiting a week or so though

Good points!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrier19 View Post
    ahhhhhh....Got ya. Well, FWIW Delaware ended my Wofford guys title run in 03 I believe, in the Semi-Finals.
    yep, it's a shame we got in the way because Wofford was much greater than Colgate

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    yep, it's a shame we got in the way because Wofford was much greater than Colgate
    I object to the transitive property in football but a 15-21 deficit says more than a 40 point one
    Please excuse all posts made before 2016

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    I object to the transitive property in football but a 15-21 deficit says more than a 40 point one
    I think that's what I said... I think.... I'm saying Wofford would of beat Colgate if they had played them in 2003, and rather easlily