Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: PC officially to Pionner

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    It seems the Atlantic Sun has unofficially merged with the Big South. At least in football. Isn't North Alabama joining the ASun, with a Big South associate membership in football (after one indp season)?

Then there's the open invitation to Jacksonville and Stetson for Big South football...
    If an A-Sun member has football, they are automatically affiliate Big South members. So if Jacksonville or Stetson starts offering scholarships, they are in. Same deal if NJIT starts a team.

UNA joined the A-Sun, which got them in the Big South. I donít know if the BSC had to officially approve them joining the A-Sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 AGS Playoff Survivor Pool Champion

Top FCS Advocate NorthChuckSouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SU DOG View Post
    I don't think the Big South will merge with the SoCon. You do have to wonder what the Kennesaw State long range plans are, and I don't know if FBS is in their plans for the near future or not. Campbell will be a rising star in the Big South quickly. I also think that North Alabama will also be a nice addition. Does anybody know if North Greenville has any plans for D-1?
    As much as it seems bad, I think we're basically going to become the transition conference for teams in the D2 Gulf South Conference.. I wouldn't mind having West Georgia in.. And North Greenville fits perfectly, especially for taking the South Carolina spot PC is leaving.

AGS FCS Champion

It wasn't a hard to figure out. If they would have scored more often then there wouldn't have been any issues with the blue hose.
    He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
    ---St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    It wasn't a hard to figure out. If they would have scored more often then there wouldn't have been any issues with the blue hose.

I need my AD to get Presbyterian College on our schedule for 2019-2020

Who's next, Jacksonville or Stetson?
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Who's next, Jacksonville or Stetson?
    Jacksonville before Stetson I believe

They are the two worst draws in the PFL. No tradition at either school. For whom would they jack up the budget another two mil?

Quote Originally Posted by dgtw View Post
    If an A-Sun member has football, they are automatically affiliate Big South members. So if Jacksonville or Stetson starts offering scholarships, they are in. Same deal if NJIT starts a team.

UNA joined the A-Sun, which got them in the Big South. I don’t know if the BSC had to officially approve them joining the A-Sun.

There are actually geographic limits to the affiliate deal. The A-Sun team would have to be within the Big South's geographic footprint to automatically be invited. Although in football, I'm not sure what it's geographic limits are. It obviously doesn't need to be Big or South. The A-Suns limits are more extensive. It doesn't have to be in the sun (NJIT).

Quote Originally Posted by dgtw View Post

UNA joined the A-Sun, which got them in the Big South. I donít know if the BSC had to officially approve them joining the A-Sun.

No, the Big South has nothing to do with the A-Sun members as far as approving any of them.
    UNA is a good fit in the A-Sun.

That being said, After losing Upstate to the Big South, the A-Sun will need 2 more to get to the 10 they want to be at. The only 2 schools I can think about in the A-Sun footprint (that used to include Texas) is Tarleton State, and West Florida. They are both good D2 schools, but I'm sure the A-Sun needs one to already be D1. Don't know who it could be, Bama St and A&M maybe?