Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Re: Patriot League 2018 - way way way to early

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Schools underestimate the value of quality opponents. If your team schedules against "who cares" opponents, fans will vote their wallets and not show. Outside the Lehigh Valley, the caliber of league opponents doesn't bring sustained interest, so out of conference games are vital.
    Very well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by aceinthehole View Post
    I fully understand that and you'll get no argument from me - PL-Ivy games have more "juice" - but let's temper you calling out Fordham fans for being "excited" for playing a regional schedule against the likes of CCSU, SBU, and Bryant.

Lehigh drew about 5k for a home game against Yale and Penn this year! You got about 5,500 for a HOME game vs. Princeton last year. In 2013, the CCSU game at Lehigh drew 6,386.

I think PAAllen ise overestimated how "excited" your own fans get for Ivy League games, because they draw about the same as when you play Monmouth or a NEC team. That's my point!
    in 2013 the CCSU game was opening home game coming off a 10-1 season, winning teams put on a good show and will bring out fans

2017 opening game against Nova, 5800 attendance, weather cloudy with showers

lot of factors affect attendance, would rather have 5500 against Princeton or 5800 against Nova than 6300 against CCSU anyday

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

Attendance is not just a Patriot League problem.

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/coll...188205609.html

Despite having respectable seasons and earning bowl bids, the attendance numbers at Southern Miss and Marshall took a significant drop.

USM led C-USA in average attendance last year at 28,588. This year, games in Hattiesburg dropped to 21,711. That’s partly explained due to inflated figures that were produced under prior administrations and the distribution of fewer free tickets, but there is no denying there were more empty seats at Roberts Stadium this year. The crowd of 22,761 for USM’s season opener against Kentucky is still baffling.

Marshall finished second in C-USA behind USM in attendance last year at 24,760, but that figure dropped to 22,417 despite finishing 7-5 after going 3-9 in 2016.

When Marshall and Southern Miss see waning crowds for no particular reason, that should be a major warning sign for the rest of Conference USA.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Not much surprises me about Georgetown. This did.

Any guess at Joe Moorhead's salary at Georgetown to be quarterbacks coach in 2000? $3,000 a year.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...ate/929948001/
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Not much surprises me about Georgetown. This did.

Any guess at Joe Moorhead's salary at Georgetown to be quarterbacks coach in 2000? $3,000 a year.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...ate/929948001/
    that's pretty bad