Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,284 of 1284

Thread: Patriot League 2018 - way way way to early

Re: Patriot League 2018 - way way way to early

I think the frustration of following these posts is that for a top team, you would think Lehigh is circling the drain. It's still a consensus pick for 1 or 2. It has a far greater percentage of any team other than Colgate for making the playoffs, which would roughly be Colgate: 39%, Lehigh: 35%, Fordham: 10%, Lafayette: 6%, Holy Cross: 6%, Bucknell: 4%, Georgetown: 0%.

Try being Bucknell where they haven't won a title since 1996.
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    I think the frustration of following these posts is that for a top team, you would think Lehigh is circling the drain. It's still a consensus pick for 1 or 2. It has a far greater percentage of any team other than Colgate for making the playoffs, which would roughly be Colgate: 39%, Lehigh: 35%, Fordham: 10%, Lafayette: 6%, Holy Cross: 6%, Bucknell: 4%, Georgetown: 0%.

We were Bucknell in the 60s and 80s. I know what it is like. And the basis for how I feel. The ease and speed that a program can sink is real. I dont expect a title this year. I expect a winning record and a much better D. That to me are the goals we must meet.

My Team
    Colgate

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    Well said and true. I straddle a lot of eras.Started with Lambert winner; the mid 60s deemphasis; Dunlap the lean yers then the better year; Whitehead's great years;Hank's AIRLEHIGH lots of excitement; Higgins the best years;Lembo good years marred by disaapointed expectations and now Andy mostly good but very cyclical with multiple years of downs followed by multiple years of up. Not sure where we are now. What I do know is that a program can dive quickly but takes years to recover. That is my underlying fear for Lehigh .
    Same here for Colgate. Like you, I go back a long way and I never take anything for granted. The Red Raiders have had some very rough years and some wonderful years, and I try to take each one in stride.

My Team
    Colgate

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post

Something went out of Bucknell after Tom Gadd died. He was really building a good program that, IMO, would have stayed in place for years to come.