Quote Originally Posted by Go...gate View Post
We had a brief period under David Roach where he insisted on home and home games and we did not play as many road games, but the schedules got weaker. At the time he left, we had, among others, Bryant, Marist and Sacred Heart on future schedules. Thereafter Victoria Chun, with some encouragement from the Board of Trustees, went back to the traditional scheduling philosophy.

Speaking of "stop getting your butts kicked in the OOC", I'll remind you that Lehigh went winless OOC last year.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree with that at all. We ALL carry the torch for the conference.
Like it or not it's the way it works in college sports. The most successful programs in each conference carry the torch for their respective conferences. It's always been like that....

No better example of that is AAC hoops. The league desperately needs UConn, Memphis and Temple to pick up their game. More is expected of them due to their historical accomplishments. When they're struggling so is the league.

The PAC12 is better when USC is rolling. The Big 12 is better when Texas is rolling. The ACC is better when Florida State is rolling. The Big 10 is better when Penn State is rolling. Sure it's nice when Washington State, Iowa State, NC State and Purdue are good but they don't create the buzz as the previous mentioned. I remember when the Mississippi schools were ranked 1 and 2 in the BCS instead of Alabama and Auburn. Despite the lofty rankings the Mississippi schools were never looked at in the same light as their conference foes to the east.