Thread: Patriot League 2018 - way way way to early

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Major FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Colgate

Re: Patriot League 2018 - way way way to early

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post

And while all the smaller PL schools have to eventually deal with a population decrease in one form or another, HC is especially vulnerable.
    DFW is correct that it starts with demographics. That info is publicly available. My perspective has been further shaped by anecdotal info I've received from friends who are HC alums:

1. Failure to grow/diversify its student body applicants geographically ( domestically and internationally ), relative to schools nationally, especially schools in the Northeast.

2. The Fr. Brooks "athletic entertainment ban" is symbolic of other decisions. That decision fits into a category we'll call the "internal tension between practical secular governance decision-making to keep HC competitive on a broad scale while maintaining its commitment to its Jesuit tradition and leadership."

3. Maintaining a competitive niche as the elite Catholic liberal arts college may be a marketing challenge greater than the other PL institutions face.

And while we're at it..... These objective factoids underscore how ham-handed and counter-productive Sader87's narrative has been promoting the PL as the catalyst for HC's ( athletic ) problems. I truly believe Sader87 is a devoted HC alum who wants to promote his alma mater. He couldn't have done a worse job as an HC ambassador on this board.
    Last edited by Colgate Raider Redux; May 15th, 2018 at 04:44 PM.