Thread: Patriot League 2018 - way way way to early

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Re: Patriot League 2018 - way way way to early

Quote Originally Posted by Colgate Raider Redux View Post
    I'm not a homer. I just like frank analysis or reasonable speculation. As I've said, if 'gate can't do it next year, they're not likely to have as good a chance for awhile. I don't know how that translates specifically into W's in the o.o.c. part of the season.

( But, if I were to play your game, I would see L.U. ( coaching changes--you know the drill--what's going to happen with the D ? ) and New Hampshire ( they're not that good ) as W's . And I'd have to rx Wm & Mary and Furman the closer we get to next season. On the meantime, give me an acceptable margin in the Army game ?--remember were not the Lehigh O. We have an O that can keep the triple option off the field for long stretches and a D that tackles. PL FBS games overall ? I don't understand how you handicap these games...talk about a come to Jesus football moment ?... ne D-----fence....Aug 25...L.U.... the Midshipmen.... and the Triple O....a marriage made in heaven...Oy vay!!
    I don't see how can you can call Lehigh a win when Colgate is 2-6 against the Mountain Hawks this decade. Refs, not refs, no defense, etc Lehigh has had your number. In fact, Lehigh's offense has lit up the Raider defense for 30, 42, 45, 41 points the last 4 meetings. You can say the refs lost cost the game this year but the defense clearly didn't help nor did Matthews' ball security. The Raiders still need to figure out how to stop Mayes and Bragalone next year.

New Hampshire has lost something like 7 games in Durham since the start of the 2004 season. I know Colgate won up there in 2015 but the odds are stacked severely against them. Hell, ranked CAA teams lose up there all the time. If Colgate got the Wildcats in Hamilton then I'd call that game a toss-op. Because like you, I don't think UNH is all that great either if you can get them out of their hole "up there". That stadium is still mediocre for the money they spent.

I have to believe there will finally be changes on the Lehigh defense after this year. The embarrassment level reached a new high and it hangs over the team like a black cloud. Barring some miraculous performance against Stony Brook expect to see some real changes. Even so, Navy is going to destroy Lehigh.

As for Army-Colgate. You can't keep the option off the field if you don't get first downs. Army's defense is pretty good by FBS standards. Monken has been able to recruit bigger, more physical guys in the trenches. They beat a healthy Chase Edmonds and Fordham team 66-6 to start the year. They beat Lafayette 62-7 last year. Furman is the most physical team Colgate played this year and the Paladins absolutely destroyed the Raiders on both lines of scrimmage. Buffalo's OL rolled the Raider front 7 in the first half too. Colgate will do better than Fordham and Lafayette did but not by all that much. My guess is Army 52-17 assuming Monken returns. I find it interesting that Army finishes next year against Lafayette and Colgate. That's kind of weak on their part imo.

The league figures to be terrible next year outside of Lehigh and Colgate imo. Lafayette is the best hope for a 3rd team with a pulse. Holy Cross and Fordham are going to get beat up by tough schedules and program overhauls. Bucknell and Georgetown offer very little...
    Last edited by Go Lehigh TU owl; November 24th, 2017 at 12:37 AM.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!