Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Brawl of the Wild

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Typical griz fan. Obsessed with drawing male reproductive parts and then seeing what other things they can draw from it.

Kind of creepy and gross.
    You do realize your fanbase calls us "the Jizz" right? Creepiness abound!

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    This offense has absolutely wasted some very good defenses at this point so it really has to start working is the point. Trust me, I really, really want it to so it takes some pressure off the D, makes them better, and is fun as hell to watch.
    Huh? The offense has been better than the defense this year (which is something I didn't expect).

Also, Gresch Jensen is 15th. in the nation in passing efficiency (2nd. in the Big Sky) and he's throwing for 333 ypg in the games he's started.

I'm better than you...probably

Quote Originally Posted by mvemjsunpx View Post
    Huh? The offense has been better than the defense this year (which is something I didn't expect).
    This is the first year it is close and I am talking about how much they can give a break to the defense in that they can convert and give a rest. It was meant as in the past couple years. I'd say the offense has been decent and the defense has been decent overall considering the defense is still out there more than the offense...but at least it is close this season. When I say "decent" I don't mean good but also not bad...so middlin' as stated before I guess.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

FCS Master

There was nothing on our schedule this season that 8-3 wasn't expected and not even something worth saying we were anything special with most all the tough games at home etc. and 7-4 would be an absolute disappointment and to me would show we are not improving at all really. To lose to the Cats to get there? He would be done as hell if you ask me.

I'm not one of the guys asking for his head and I would love his offense to be successful because it would be very fun football to watch but you know what? It has not been any sort of fun to watch for all but a couple of gaems in the last few years. Gotta admit it better get good fast cuz I'm tired of this middlin' **** we've been through the last 6 years.
    This is the first year it is close and I am talking about how much they can give a break to the defense in that they can convert and give a rest. It was meant as in the past couple years. I'd say the offense has been decent and the defense has been decent overall considering the defense is still out there more than the offense...but at least it is close this season. When I say "decent" I don't mean good but also not bad...so middlin' as stated before I guess.
    The one thing not realized is the Griz got pretty fortunate with their schedule this season. Of non UM QB's who have suited up in the Big Sky this season, I would put the top ten as including Gubrud, Gueller, Cookus, Tyler, Maier, K. Thomson, Cantwell, Murray, Knipp, and Studsrud. Of those 10, the Griz have faced just 3 so far with Murray on Saturday. A team that was susceptible against strong QB play was fortunate to avoid Tyler, Maier, and Thomson. Both Knipp and Studsrud were injured, and Cookus, well we all know what he did. It's easy on one hand to look at the lopsided scores the past few games and all the sacks and think the defense has stepped up, but boy have they not been tested. Gueller threw for over 350, Gubrud for over 540, and Cantwell needed zero urgency considering they led by double digits the final 53 minutes of the game. I wonder how this will go because Murray isn't the elite passing threat, but I liken him to something like Josh Kraght out of Portland State. He ran for 132 and passed for 249 against the Griz. Stitt can say he won 7 or 8 games in the regular season, but he's been very fortunate compared to what he could have faced in the conference this season. Yes, the Griz also had backup QBs, but I guess in this argument, I'm really just talking about what their defense has had to face.
    AGS Playoff Pickem Contest...Enter HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/PJDiPSyFrC2v4meu1

Quote Originally Posted by MTfan4life View Post
    The one thing not realized is the Griz got pretty fortunate with their schedule this season. Of non UM QB's who have suited up in the Big Sky this season, I would put the top ten as including Gubrud, Gueller, Cookus, Tyler, Maier, K. Thomson, Cantwell, Murray, Knipp, and Studsrud. Of those 10, the Griz have faced just 3 so far with Murray on Saturday. A team that was susceptible against strong QB play was fortunate to avoid Tyler, Maier, and Thomson. Both Knipp and Studsrud were injured, and Cookus, well we all know what he did. It's easy on one hand to look at the lopsided scores the past few games and all the sacks and think the defense has stepped up, but boy have they not been tested. Gueller threw for over 350, Gubrud for over 540, and Cantwell needed zero urgency considering they led by double digits the final 53 minutes of the game. I wonder how this will go because Murray isn't the elite passing threat, but I liken him to something like Josh Kraght out of Portland State. He ran for 132 and passed for 249 against the Griz. Stitt can say he won 7 or 8 games in the regular season, but he's been very fortunate compared to what he could have faced in the conference this season. Yes, the Griz also had backup QBs, but I guess in this argument, I'm really just talking about what their defense has had to face.
    Yes, this matches up well with my earlier comment about us having a fairly easy season to get to 8-3 and 7-4 being unacceptable. We had a favorable schedule and we had luck in playing the lesser of the teams we could have faced and when we did face a fairly stocked team...we lost it. Hell, you are not even talking about the fact that outside of our QB situation we've been really healthy this season...and still here we are sitting fairly mediocre.

Christ I'm not trying to be the negative asshole with this but as good as it looks it ain't that good...yet. Hope it is soon.

But no matter what is wrong, we are not Bobcats so we have that going for us.
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."

AGS FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by MTfan4life View Post
    QB play in the Big Sky was strong this season. I think you guys are a lock down corner or play making safety (think Tru Johnson or Vince Huntzberger) away from being really good.

One of the coolest names in college football rivalries

I'm in the camp that looks at the youth that is playing a big role and how we will have most of them 2-3 more years. I also look at preseason predictions of Griz fans saying 5-6,6-5, 7-4 and the fact they could go 8-3. I also think the last 4 games defense has been solid. The offense is light years ahead of last year with a RS frosh playing. Offensive line has improved, kicking has improved, red zone scoring has improved, rushing has improved. A lot of things folks wanted to see improved has and now it is not good enough.
    I firmly believe that a few years during Delaneys time griz were ranked too high in the preseason and they had enough wins to maintain a decent ranking.
    This year we are seeing if you start outside the polls how hard it is to climb up in them.
    I like what Stitt is building win or lose this weekend!
    aka mavman

The Sultan of Sarcasm Grizalltheway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevadagriz View Post
    I'm in the camp that looks at the youth that is playing a big role and how we will have most of them 2-3 more years. I also look at preseason predictions of Griz fans saying 5-6,6-5, 7-4 and the fact they could go 8-3. I also think the last 4 games defense has been solid. The offense is light years ahead of last year with a RS frosh playing. Offensive line has improved, kicking has improved, red zone scoring has improved, rushing has improved. A lot of things folks wanted to see improved has and now it is not good enough.
    I firmly believe that a few years during Delaneys time griz were ranked too high in the preseason and they had enough wins to maintain a decent ranking.
    This year we are seeing if you start outside the polls how hard it is to climb up in them.
    I like what Stitt is building win or lose this weekend!
    Yep. Some people won't be happy unless we're winning every game 100-0 and it's generally best to just ignore those people (sorry Ursus).

Quote Originally Posted by kalm View Post
    QB play in the Big Sky was strong this season. I think you guys are a lock down corner or play making safety (think Tru Johnson or Vince Huntzberger) away from being really good.
    I respect you and your opinion on this one.