Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Re: Bracketology Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by PantherRob82 View Post
    Im not sure a one point game in Week 1 will be the deciding factoe
    Two comparable teams with the same record. Same conference. Each team has a loss to a top conference team on the road. One beat the other in the head to head. Are you taking the loser?

Quote Originally Posted by WileECoyote06 View Post
    It may work that way, but there has been a precedent to match the schools that are closest together. In 2010, many thought SCSU would be matched against Coastal Carolina. They were instead sent to Ga. Southern.

But when you looked at the difference in mileage:

Orangeburg to Statesboro: 98 miles.
    Orangeburg to Conway: 127 miles.

Stony Brook to Central Connecticut State: 71. 1 miles
    Central Connecticut State to UNH (Durham): 168.5 miles
    Stony Brook U to Monmouth U: 112 miles
    Delaware to Monmouth U: 118 miles
    Lehigh to Delaware: 88.2 miles
    Monmouth to Lehigh: 95.2 miles

So if all six advance to play in the opening round:

Lehigh @ U of Delaware
    Central Connecticut State @ Stony Brook

Monmouth and UNH are the odd ones out. They'll probably be matched with each other since that also falls within a bus trip (324 miles).

IMO
    Can't use miles when traveling in New England, that 71 miles to Stony Brook includes a slow boat ride across Long Island Sound. Basically takes 2 1/2 hours to get to Stony Brook or UNH so its a push.

First Class FCS Ruler thebootfitter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dwtime View Post
    Can't use miles when traveling in New England, that 71 miles to Stony Brook includes a slow boat ride across Long Island Sound. Basically takes 2 1/2 hours to get to Stony Brook or UNH so its a push.
    Pretty sure the guidelines don't consider that. Maybe the committee would, but it is still under 400 miles.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AGS FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    Two comparable teams with the same record. Same conference. Each team has a loss to a top conference team on the road. One beat the other in the head to head. Are you taking the loser?
    The best win between them was that first game. If Nichols beats SELA Thursday the only other win against a team with a winning record is Alcorn. And they have SOS's in the 70 range of FCS. That's why even Kennesaw is ahead of them in Massey.

Quote Originally Posted by dwtime View Post
    Ok....2 1/2 hours is still well within range. That's a bus drive...hell, teams coming to Macomb fly into an airport only slightly closer than that and drive to Macomb the morning of the game.
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

"Time is money; Money is power; Power is pizza; Pizza is knowledge. Let's go!"

Quote Originally Posted by kalm View Post
    The best win between them was that first game. If Nichols beats SELA Thursday the only other win against a team with a winning record is Alcorn. And they have SOS's in the 70 range of FCS. That's why even Kennesaw is ahead of them in Massey.
    I couldn’t care less about Massey. Nicholls can’t help their schedule but they can win the games on it. Could they beat Kennesaw? I don’t know, maybe. We could get that answer on Thanksgiving weekend. I think Nicholls would KILL Kennesaw, but I couldn’t tell you for sure.

Nicholls has a win against McNeese, a AGS Top 25 team and a “good loss” against Texas A&M. Southeastern is no push over, so that would be a quality victory. Nicholls IMO is better than McNeese, but one of them will make the playoffs. If Nicholls loses, it should be the Cowboys. If they win, I expect Nicholls to make it.

But they are a better team the McNeese, a team they beat. .
    Most McNeese fans don't think they are now even though we lost to them. We beat them every which way but on the scoreboard that first game. We had some breakdowns in the redzone and had some young DB's starting their first gams bust a couple of coverages. We handed the game to them on a silver platter. If it wasn't the first game of the season on a fricking Thursday night, McNeese wins. McNeese's defense is way better now than that first game of the season. I am not a fan of playing a conference game the first game of the season. I blame Arkansas (who we were supposed to play), Nicholls for being hard nosed about it being a Thursday night game, and our AD for agreeing to it.

Doc
    Last edited by McNeese72; November 14th, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

AGS FCS Master

I couldn’t care less about Massey. Nicholls can’t help their schedule but they can win the games on it. Could they beat Kennesaw? I don’t know, maybe. We could get that answer on Thanksgiving weekend. I think Nicholls would KILL Kennesaw, but I couldn’t tell you for sure.

Nicholls has a win against McNeese, a AGS Top 25 team and a “good loss” against Texas A&M. Southeastern is no push over, so that would be a quality victory. Nicholls IMO is better than McNeese, but one of them will make the playoffs. If Nicholls loses, it should be the Cowboys. If they win, I expect Nicholls to make it.
    You don't have to care about Massey but the fact that between these two teams there will probably be two wins against winning teams in an an almost exclusive FCS schedule of 22 games should give you some pause.

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    Pretty sure everybody wants CCSU.
    I'll take a 5-6 Lehigh any day
    Delaware vs. the field (record; last game):
    JMU (13-11 UD; 2017) - NDSU (0-0; 2018*) - JSU (1-0 UD; 1978) - UCA (0-0) - SDSU (1-0 UD; 2010) - SHSU (0-0; ) - WOF (1-0 UD; 2003) - SUU (0-0)
    SBU (1-1; 2017 [18*]) - Lehigh (30-17 UD; 2010) - WSU (0-0) - WIU (1-0 UD; 1978) - UNI (2-0 UD; 2007) - MON (1-0 UD; 2007) - UNH (21-12 UD; 2015 [18*]) - CCSU (0-0)
    KSU (0-0) - Samford (1-0 UD; 1992) - NSU (0-0) - SDAK (0-0) - Elon (2-0 UD; 2015 [18*]) - Furman (0-2 FU; 2008) - NAU (0-0) - USD (0-0)

Time for the Hens to hit the weights hard (UND style) to prep for the 4 playoff teams in 2018.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by melloware13 View Post
    I'll take a 5-6 Lehigh any day
    I actually think a Lehigh-UD game would be competitive. Lehigh's offense is legit so it would be a great battle against the tough UD defense. Lehigh's defense is atrocious but the UD "O" is marginal at best. Lehigh was once upon a time a preseason Top 25 team so there is this underlying potential that exists. Bottom line, both squads still have to survive rivals this week...
    Last edited by Go Lehigh TU owl; November 14th, 2017 at 09:29 PM.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood