I know it has been a piss poor year for the PL and both of these two storied programs, but it IS Lehigh-Lafayette Week! (or as it's known in Easton, PA, "Lafayette-Lehigh Week"). A PL championship is still on the line. I believe someone had some stats a few years ago showing how many times the PL championship was decided by this game, and it is a lot. So while SOME hearts may not be in to it as much this year, I still believe we need a thread dedicated to the College Football's Most Played Rivalry regardless of division. It may also be,now, the longest uninterrupted series in the country. I will leave that to others to research.

For this game, the weather forecast is currently showing 70% chance of "showers". That implies sporadic rain and not a steady rain or down pour event, so there could be impact on the game. Lehigh's fairly new natural grass field drains very well, so it will take a lot of rain to create any kind of quagmire. A wet ball, thought, could create some turnover opportunities.

The Leopards, despite their struggles this year, have shown a strong defense led by All-American candidate Bryant. That unit and its leader will be the key to any chance the 'ards would have for a big upset. Lafayette's offense has been downright anemic. While their freshman QB has shown flashes that indicate a bright future, the offense has been woefully ineffective.

On the flip side, Lehigh as lived off its offense with too much pressure placed upon it due to the inept defense through most the year. Lehigh's D actually was good enough to beat Villanova, except that the offense made some critical mistakes that led to the loss. Since that game, the Defense swirled around the toilet bowl giving up huge plays against following opponents. Ironically, Lehigh's D has been very good on third down conversions allowed, but the huge chunks of yardage yielded on 1st, 2nd, and 4th downs have been killers. There has been a ray of sunshine the past couple weeks with some nice performances against Bucknell and Holy Cross, so there is cause for optimism against the 'pards offense. Lehigh's offense was all the rage preseason, and while the team has put up some very good numbers, the offense has had its own trouble during the season, with a number of missed opportunities with dropped passes, not seeing open receivers, and costly turnovers that could have easily resulted in 2 or 3 more wins at this point. While the QB tends to get the most attention, I believe at this point is certain that the MVP for Lehigh this year is Dom Bragalone. He has become a beast and rarely is brought down by a single tacker once he gets rolling. He has also become a good receiver, and his use out of the backfield may be a big asset this coming Saturday.

So that is my 'skinny'. I also give Lehigh the edge on special teams now that Ed Mish is back as both PK and Punter. My crystal ball says that Lehigh may see some early game frustration from the Lafayette defense. But, eventually, the offense will get rolling and Lehigh's defense will be 'good enough' to handle the 'pards offense. Mountain Hawks will soar, 41-17.

Oh,yes, as I have traditionally done since 1971. I replicate the banner my fraternity would hang as part of "The Hill" house decoration contest:

NOVEMBER 18, 2017...THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSY TO BLEED!!!!