Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Furman @ Samford. Socon game of the week

AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    My Team
    Wofford

Re: Furman @ Samford. Socon game of the week

If they give it to Hodges that's basically saying they don't watch the games

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Furman

Furman going for their 8th straight win for the first time since 1989

(In 1989 the defending national champion Paladins opened the season with a loss to Clemson, then reeled off 12 straight wins before losing a heart-breaker in the snow at Paladin Stadium to SF Austin in the playoff semifinals)

My Team
    Furman

Quote Originally Posted by FUGameBreaker View Post
    Furman going for their 8th straight win for the first time since 1989

(In 1989 the defending national champion Paladins opened the season with a loss to Clemson, then reeled off 12 straight wins before losing a heart-breaker in the snow at Paladin Stadium to SF Austin in the playoff semifinals)
    Six Samford players were out in one game including McKnight and two OL. 3 O. 3 D I need to find that list. Are all back? Samford help ?

My Team
    Wofford

McKnight played last week I think

FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Six Samford players were out in one game including McKnight and two OL. 3 O. 3 D I need to find that list. Are all back? Samford help ?
    Our last game vs ETSU we had 3 new starting O-Linemen. The center, RG, and RT. Our best WR, McKnight, has a shoulder injury. He played, caught one pass, and came out to be treated. Shaheed Salmon, our leading tackler who has been injured, played, but went out and was treated and I don't think he returned. I know nothing official, but what difference does it make? I gather from what is being said here that we don't have a snowball's chance anyhow. Furman has a better resume' even if they lose, and Blazejowski(who is a great QB and person IMO) is so much better than Hodges, that we are doomed. Hey, maybe Herink of ETSU should be #2 - didn't he have over 400 yards of passing vs Furman?
    Also, Furman has the SoCon tradition, NC, and is obviously the best choice to represent the SoCon in the Playoffs. There is even a threat of rain in Homewood for Saturday. I wonder if Samford should just do the right thing and forfeit this mismatch?

Quote Originally Posted by SU DOG View Post
    Our last game vs ETSU we had 3 new starting O-Linemen. The center, RG, and RT. Our best WR, McKnight, has a shoulder injury. He played, caught one pass, and came out to be treated. Shaheed Salmon, our leading tackler who has been injured, played, but went out and was treated and I don't think he returned. I know nothing official, but what difference does it make? I gather from what is being said here that we don't have a snowball's chance anyhow. Furman has a better resume' even if they lose, and Blazejowski(who is a great QB and person IMO) is so much better than Hodges, that we are doomed. Hey, maybe Herink of ETSU should be #2 - didn't he have over 400 yards of passing vs Furman?
    Also, Furman has the SoCon tradition, NC, and is obviously the best choice to represent the SoCon in the Playoffs. There is even a threat of rain in Homewood for Saturday. I wonder if Samford should just do the right thing and forfeit this mismatch?
    Meh, no one buys the "Samford doesn't have a chance" line.

Furman's a good team. Samford's a good team.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by SU DOG View Post
    I wonder if Samford should just do the right thing and forfeit this mismatch?
    Yes (sarcastically)
    Last edited by FUBeAR; November 13th, 2017 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Context Awareness
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Furman

My Team
    Wofford

If I'm playing Samford I'm feeling more nervous if I'm favored than if I'm the underdog

Frequent FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Western Carolina

will be tuning into espn3 for this one for sure, gonna flip back and forth with our game