Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: NDSU @ Ill State: 11/18

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    This should be a really fun game. I would like to say this is an elimination for the Redbirds, but they made it in at 6-5 last season. Despite that, the bubble is too strong. Unless 5 or 6 bubble teams lose anything but a win won’t cut it.

An NDSU loss makes things interesting. How far would they fall? 3 spots? Maybe 4 spots? Who knows, I don’t think NDSU will lose this one though. ISUr has been extremely inconsistent. Ill take the Bison winning a close one.

This is a good matchup for the Bison.

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    That's true but I thought SDSU was a good matchup for the Bison as well.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 5-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's true but I thought SDSU was a good matchup for the Bison as well.

Not as much but 5 turnovers will never win you any game.

First Class FCS Ruler SUPharmacist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    The one in Moorhead MN is the only one worth a ****, and they are probably closed for the season now.
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/07/23/moorhead-dq

Doing it their own way.

The one in Moorhead MN is the only one worth a ****, and they are probably closed for the season now.
    This guy speaks the truth, it's not even close.
    "Be careful. NDSU is the dirtiest team you will face. Expect them to do everything possible to wreck your best players. Case in point. In the NDSU Richmond game last year in the semis,, David Jones returned a punt and the NDSU player launched himself helmet first at the arm of David. It was the slimiest thing I have ever seen. It wrecked his arm. NDSU knows the refs "let them play". NDSU takes full advantage. If you play them, expect a dirty game. They break the rules." Stonewall D

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    ****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.
    Culverís whips the dog**** out of DQ and itís not even a contest. Itís like yíalls game vs MVSU this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

I think this one will go the way of the Bison, but I thought that NDSU would handle SDSU. SDSU has been fairly inconsistent and it looked like you guys had the edge at most positions. They just played better. Better hope NDSU comes out with energy and is ready to go. Thr Redbirds will be fighting for their playoff lives.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    I think this one will go the way of the Bison, but I thought that NDSU would handle SDSU. SDSU has been fairly inconsistent and it looked like you guys had the edge at most positions. They just played better. Better hope NDSU comes out with energy and is ready to go. Thr Redbirds will be fighting for their playoff lives.

SDSU deserved to win that game but 5 Bison turnovers did them no favors but that is over now.

I suspect Spack will play the FR QB in this one because of his mobility. Kolbe is not as mobile. The FR QB is not as good of thrower so maybe Kolbe will play some.

Mobile QBs have given NDSU trouble in the past so I suspect the FR will play a lot. But if NDSU can limit the running game, the Redbirds are in trouble with the FR in there.

AGS FCS Expert

SDSU deserved to win that game but 5 Bison turnovers did them no favors but that is over now.

I suspect Spack will play the FR QB in this one because of his mobility. Kolbe is not as mobile. The FR QB is not as good of thrower so maybe Kolbe will play some.

Mobile QBs have given NDSU trouble in the past so I suspect the FR will play a lot. But if NDSU can limit the running game, the Redbirds are in trouble with the FR in there.
    Or if NDSU is able to build a two score lead in the 2nd half we may see Kolbe then since they may have to go away from the run game more in that scenario.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 5-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    Huge game for my Redbirds ... win, and we should be lock for playoffs. lose and 90% likely out. But if we lose competitive game to NDSU, i think our resume deserves an at large .. with big wins over USD, YSU, and tough losses to SDSU and NDSU. Our SOS is worth at least 1 game ... that is 6-5 against top 10 SOS is arguably as good or better than 7-4 against 40th ranked SOS, and even 8-3 against 60th ranked SOS.

But realistically speaking, I doubt we would get in unless a lot of the bubble games start falling our way.

If I had to guess about QB position, I think we'll possibly platoon Kolbe and Broadnax .. maybe 70/30, if Kolbe recovered enough. Kolbe was injured but did dress yesterday just in case.
    I watched part of the game against SDSU. Broadnax give the Redbirds a dual threat, something the Bison have trouble with at times.
    Living the Dream