Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    First Class FCS Ruler Redbird 4th & short's Avatar

Re: NDSU @ Ill State: 11/18

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't think ISUr has any chance at 6-5. 2015 WIU had a hellaciously tough schedule with no bad losses and multiple good wins and 2016 ISUr had an FBS win among multiple good wins as well. 2017 ISUr at 6-5 would have one good win in USD (and if they lose to SDSU that may not look so good anymore either), no FBS wins, and a bad loss against SIU. Given the strength of the bubble this year it's not going to happen for them at 6-5. They need to win this Saturday or they'll be gorging themselves come turkey day.
    95% agreed .. we do have weak losses that can't be ignored. I just think the bubble is weak this year, and a lot of teams have several blemishes. So a 6-5 team with top 10 SOS ought to be considered, if not picked.

I also realize that MVFC getting 6 teams would be serious precedence. But the way it stands today, we have, in order: NDSU, SDSU, arguably WIU/USD next, then ISU/UNI .. both of which could finish 7-4 .. so 6 MVFC teams ought to be a strong consideration this year ... but a 6th MVFC team at 6-5 is not likely, even if deserved.

First Class FCS Ruler Redbird 4th & short's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    Any guesses on the attendance for this one?

Saturday's weather, as of now, says 43 and windy (22mph).
    Frisco Ticketgate 2.0 coming soon to a stadium near Normal, IL ... everyone is already lawyering up

It is our senior day, which is almost always the saturday before Thanksgiving .. which means we usually get around 5-7k.

In 2014 (Natty run year) we had 7,300 .. 51 degrees, so weather was not an issue
    In 2015 (got 2 seed), we had 5,000 against USD, but it was a snow blizzard
    In 2016 (6-5, up and down year), we had just 7,200 .. 51 degrees, and it was not fall break for students

It is so hard to say .. but unlike Bison, our fans have excuses .. seriously legit excuses

- classes end this friday for Thanksgiving week break .. so most students are gone
    - weather .. no dome certainly a factor; our fab base has proven to be fair weather, forecast is 43 cloudy, and very windy
    - HS playoffs .. 4 area teams still in playoffs which play saturday afternoon usually; our luke warm town support, chills for HS playoffs
    - 50 years of program lethargy prior to Spack

But the sports admin is doing better to promote football and this year our fan base has stepped up to highest average per game in 10 years. So given how big this game is, I would guess we could have close to 9 or 10k ourselves.

But to answer your question ... if weather is decent, would hope we might get 10k and you guys filled it up with the other 3,400 for sell out .. would be a great game environment, especially with my Redbirds playing for their playoff lives !!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    .. 51 degrees, so weather was not an issue
    In 2015 (got 2 seed), we had 5,000 against USD, but it was a snow blizzard ..
    As opposed to a....

rain blizzard? or a dust blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller_34 View Post
    As opposed to a....

rain blizzard? or a dust blizzard?
    It was a dairy queen blizzard.
    "Be careful. NDSU is the dirtiest team you will face. Expect them to do everything possible to wreck your best players. Case in point. In the NDSU Richmond game last year in the semis,, David Jones returned a punt and the NDSU player launched himself helmet first at the arm of David. It was the slimiest thing I have ever seen. It wrecked his arm. NDSU knows the refs "let them play". NDSU takes full advantage. If you play them, expect a dirty game. They break the rules." Stonewall D

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    LOL! Sooo much win!
    Well played good sir!
    Sundown in the Paris of the prairie
    Wheat Kings have all their treasures buried

Haha. Ah yes, how foolish of me to forget about that type of blizzard.

AGS FCS Champion
    In Hell preparing rooms for OVC officials.

****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    ****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.

The one in Moorhead MN is the only one worth a ****, and they are probably closed for the season now.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    ****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    The one in Moorhead MN is the only one worth a ****, and they are probably closed for the season now.
    ^ This

Honestly, if JSU were to do a H-H, come to Fargo and stop there. It is the best DQ I have ever had and it is not even close.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

This should be a really fun game. I would like to say this is an elimination for the Redbirds, but they made it in at 6-5 last season. Despite that, the bubble is too strong. Unless 5 or 6 bubble teams lose anything but a win wonít cut it.

An NDSU loss makes things interesting. How far would they fall? 3 spots? Maybe 4 spots? Who knows, I donít think NDSU will lose this one though. ISUr has been extremely inconsistent. Ill take the Bison winning a close one.