Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
I don't think ISUr has any chance at 6-5. 2015 WIU had a hellaciously tough schedule with no bad losses and multiple good wins and 2016 ISUr had an FBS win among multiple good wins as well. 2017 ISUr at 6-5 would have one good win in USD (and if they lose to SDSU that may not look so good anymore either), no FBS wins, and a bad loss against SIU. Given the strength of the bubble this year it's not going to happen for them at 6-5. They need to win this Saturday or they'll be gorging themselves come turkey day.
95% agreed .. we do have weak losses that can't be ignored. I just think the bubble is weak this year, and a lot of teams have several blemishes. So a 6-5 team with top 10 SOS ought to be considered, if not picked.

I also realize that MVFC getting 6 teams would be serious precedence. But the way it stands today, we have, in order: NDSU, SDSU, arguably WIU/USD next, then ISU/UNI .. both of which could finish 7-4 .. so 6 MVFC teams ought to be a strong consideration this year ... but a 6th MVFC team at 6-5 is not likely, even if deserved.