Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Ill State: 11/18

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

NDSU @ Ill State: 11/18

Might as well start this thread nice and early....

Any Bison fans going down to this one? I know of a couple of AGS Bison guys going.

It will be interesting to see which QB for Ill State plays in this game. My hunch it will be Broadnax because of his dual threat capability. The Bison defense needs to be ready for his scrambling and running the ball. His passing is not the greatest. Looks like the Redbirds have a decent OL and they can run the ball. Big test for the Bison defense.

Hopefully the ES of yesterday shows up next Saturday or it will be a long day for the Bison. No turnovers will be huge.

It will be my first game at Ill State. Looking forward to it.

The Imagine Dragons of AGS
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: NDSU @ Ill State: 11/18

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    Might as well start this thread nice and early....

Any Bison fans going down to this one? I know of a couple of AGS Bison guys going.

It will be interesting to see which QB for Ill State plays in this game. My hunch it will be Broadnax because of his dual threat capability. The Bison defense needs to be ready for his scrambling and running the ball. His passing is not the greatest. Looks like the Redbirds have a decent OL and they can run the ball. Big test for the Bison defense.

Hopefully the ES of yesterday shows up next Saturday or it will be a long day for the Bison. No turnovers will be huge.

It will be my first game at Ill State. Looking forward to it.
    I think I have Thursday and Friday off. I might go down, but I will know tomorrow for sure. I was going to go with my dad since he lives in Wheaton and we would have made it a father-son trip, but he is forced to go Montreal next Saturday for work, so I am on the fence. Would love to go down there and take in the game, but I will have to see if I can get a friend to go instead.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

AKA Lord Kingpin

My Team
    North Dakota State

You flying or driving?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    I think I have Thursday and Friday off. I might go down, but I will know tomorrow for sure. I was going to go with my dad since he lives in Wheaton and we would have made it a father-son trip, but he is forced to go Montreal next Saturday for work, so I am on the fence. Would love to go down there and take in the game, but I will have to see if I can get a friend to go instead.

Make the trip!

Not that bad of drive from the cities. I made it from NW MN to Terre Haute in a little over 12 hours....Normal should be a pie of cake.......although making these drives is pretty easy when you're use to driving a semi long distances....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUtk View Post
    You flying or driving?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Driving for me.

The Imagine Dragons of AGS
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    Make the trip!

Not that bad of drive from the cities. I made it from NW MN to Terre Haute in a little over 12 hours....Normal should be a pie of cake.......although making these drives is pretty easy when you're use to driving a semi long distances....

- - - Updated - - -

Driving for me.
    So I cover gas and you get me there?

It has already been established I am a horrible driver and I actually hate driving. It is a supposed 6:40 drive, so I could do it in about 6 give or take.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

AKA Lord Kingpin

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Stay away from the Kool-Aid bison and you'll blow this thing wide open

4 touchdown victory

The Bison defense will have to switch gears this week after playing high powered passing teams the last two weeks. The Redbirds are a more traditional Valley team. They want to run the ball and stop the run. Robinson IMO is the best rb in the Valley. Offensively the Bison are coming off a great game against USD. Was the Yotes defense that bad without a few of their starters or is the Bison offense figuring things out? I sure hope it's the latter.

FCS Champion
    My Team
    Illinois State

Huge game for my Redbirds ... win, and we should be lock for playoffs. lose and 90% likely out. But if we lose competitive game to NDSU, i think our resume deserves an at large .. with big wins over USD, YSU, and tough losses to SDSU and NDSU. Our SOS is worth at least 1 game ... that is 6-5 against top 10 SOS is arguably as good or better than 7-4 against 40th ranked SOS, and even 8-3 against 60th ranked SOS.

But realistically speaking, I doubt we would get in unless a lot of the bubble games start falling our way.

If I had to guess about QB position, I think we'll possibly platoon Kolbe and Broadnax .. maybe 70/30, if Kolbe recovered enough. Kolbe was injured but did dress yesterday just in case.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    Huge game for my Redbirds ... win, and we should be lock for playoffs. lose and 90% likely out. But if we lose competitive game to NDSU, i think our resume deserves an at large .. with big wins over USD, YSU, and tough losses to SDSU and NDSU. Our SOS is worth at least 1 game ... that is 6-5 against top 10 SOS is arguably as good or better than 7-4 against 40th ranked SOS, and even 8-3 against 60th ranked SOS.

But realistically speaking, I doubt we would get in unless a lot of the bubble games start falling our way.

If I had to guess about QB position, I think we'll possibly platoon Kolbe and Broadnax .. maybe 70/30, if Kolbe recovered enough. Kolbe was injured but did dress yesterday just in case.
    I don't think ISUr has any chance at 6-5. 2015 WIU had a hellaciously tough schedule with no bad losses and multiple good wins and 2016 ISUr had an FBS win among multiple good wins as well. 2017 ISUr at 6-5 would have one good win in USD (and if they lose to SDSU that may not look so good anymore either), no FBS wins, and a bad loss against SIU. Given the strength of the bubble this year it's not going to happen for them at 6-5. They need to win this Saturday or they'll be gorging themselves come turkey day.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

FCS Champion
    My Team
    Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't think ISUr has any chance at 6-5. 2015 WIU had a hellaciously tough schedule with no bad losses and multiple good wins and 2016 ISUr had an FBS win among multiple good wins as well. 2017 ISUr at 6-5 would have one good win in USD (and if they lose to SDSU that may not look so good anymore either), no FBS wins, and a bad loss against SIU. Given the strength of the bubble this year it's not going to happen for them at 6-5. They need to win this Saturday or they'll be gorging themselves come turkey day.
    95% agreed .. we do have weak losses that can't be ignored. I just think the bubble is weak this year, and a lot of teams have several blemishes. So a 6-5 team with top 10 SOS ought to be considered, if not picked.

I also realize that MVFC getting 6 teams would be serious precedence. But the way it stands today, we have, in order: NDSU, SDSU, arguably WIU/USD next, then ISU/UNI .. both of which could finish 7-4 .. so 6 MVFC teams ought to be a strong consideration this year ... but a 6th MVFC team at 6-5 is not likely, even if deserved.