Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Delaware @ Villanova

Quote Originally Posted by Gangtackle11 View Post
    Dear Blue Hen fans,

You have little fear on Saturday. Our offense fell to even newer lows as impossible as that may seem.

The opening drive resulted in a FG for the Cats, but only after our receiver who was 10 yards from any defender on his way to the end zone fell down. Fell all by his lonesome.

Then managed to screw up a 1st & goal on the 1 by going 15 yards backwards for the other FG.

Nova rushed 21 times for 1 yard vs Rhody. Yep not a typo 21 for 1. Passed 11-30 for 150 or so. Had a punt blocked to add insult to injury.

Defense looks tired & although still not bad it’s not as good as earlier in the season.

I think you score early it will get ugly.
    I hear you but it something about the sight of those Hen chicken wings that Will wet your boys appetites I'm afraid
    Welcome back Delaware Bluehens

FCS EGG-HOLE

Dear Blue Hen fans,

You have little fear on Saturday. Our offense fell to even newer lows as impossible as that may seem.

The opening drive resulted in a FG for the Cats, but only after our receiver who was 10 yards from any defender on his way to the end zone fell down. Fell all by his lonesome.

Then managed to screw up a 1st & goal on the 1 by going 15 yards backwards for the other FG.

Nova rushed 21 times for 1 yard vs Rhody. Yep not a typo 21 for 1. Passed 11-30 for 150 or so. Had a punt blocked to add insult to injury.

Defense looks tired & although still not bad it’s not as good as earlier in the season.

I think you score early it will get ugly.
    ......HENS....ARE SLOWER DAN.........MOLASSES....DRIPPIN'......UP-HILL......IN JANUARY......TAKES 'EM SEVERALAH......3 AN' OUTS........B/4 PLAYBOOK.....MAKES SENSE.......DEESE AVIANS.....ARE NO........TIC/TAC/TOE....PHENOMS...........................BRAWK!

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    ......HENS....ARE SLOWER DAN.........MOLASSES....DRIPPIN'......UP-HILL......IN JANUARY......TAKES 'EM SEVERALAH......3 AN' OUTS........B/4 PLAYBOOK.....MAKES SENSE.......DEESE AVIANS.....ARE NO........TIC/TAC/TOE....PHENOMS...........................BRAWK!
    agree Mr C, would like to see freshman Coleman get more involved in the offense as he is one of the few that has shown a little speed this year

also the freshman RB Corey Spruill steps in for the injured Kani Cane and makes His presence known at the game yesterday

One of the highlights of the day was a Delaware completed forward pass and a scan of the stands showed Dick Vermeal celebrating with Vinny "the movie star star" Papale

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    According to TVGuide.com, this game will be televised on Fox College Sports Atlantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    .....CHIPPY.......WHAA'S DAT....IN COMCAST ......#'s...................UH.....ER.......AWK!
    That I do not know MR.CHICKEN; I do know it is Channel 300 (non-HD though) on Verizon FiOS.

Delaware should win a close, low-scoring game.

But we also should have won more than one of the last eleven games in the series.

Villanova has our number the past eleven seasons, so until we prove otherwise, this game is a pick ‘em.

Just to purge some of the kitty demons I remember the 2013 game Delaware comes in seven and three thinking a win will get us in the playoffs. They come out smoking and jump to a big lead the celebration starts only we didn't fully understand what Brock had planned for us just yet, one of Brocks first choke jobs as nova rallies for the win and our playoff dreams die

My hope is that our young men look across the field and see a team that they have a great history of competing against in up & down seasons.

Hopefully, someone within the Villanova football family can inspire the offense to play at a level we haven’t seen in quite awhile.

I suspect that if the offense can show some vital signs of life that we can be in for a helluva game. That hasn’t happened in over a month so holding my breath is not a smart decision.

Hoping for some fight from my Cats before packing it in for the winter!
    "\\V// for Villanova. \\V// for Victory."
    2009 National Champions
    1989/1991 Yankee Conference Champions
    1997/2001 Atlantic 10 Champions
    2009/2012 CAA Champions
    D1-AA Playoffs: 1989,1991,1992,1996,1997,2002
    FCS Playoffs: 2008,2009,2010,2012,2014,2016
    3 Walter Payton Award Winners

My hope is that our young men look across the field and see a team that they have a great history of competing against in up & down seasons.

Hopefully, someone within the Villanova football family can inspire the offense to play at a level we haven’t seen in quite awhile.

I suspect that if the offense can show some vital signs of life that we can be in for a helluva game. That hasn’t happened in over a month so holding my breath is not a smart decision.

Hoping for some fight from my Cats before packing it in for the winter!
    well at least you won't have to go out to South Dakota again

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    well at least you won't have to go out to South Dakota again
    Those who went out to that game said it was a fun trip with the exception of the game score.

More demons, the 2012 game, Keelers swan song was about the biggest embarrassment I have ever seen for a Delaware blue hen football team that quit as they were getting physically manhandled by the Villanova defense there was one safety you guys had by the name of maybe Villanueva ? He was a bone crusher and was posing over his victims if I remember correctly