Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Schedules

Master FCS Advocate PaladinNation's Avatar

Re: 2020 Schedules

Excited about Furman playing Tennessee in 2020. Furman recruits Tennessee hard so this matchup plays well in recruiting.

Saint Francis is getting its first FBS opponent in 2020 - a matchup at Buffalo (MAC).

NEC Football Champions

2004 - 2005 - 2009 - 2010
    2017 - FCS Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Go...gate View Post
    Those games are out there for Lehigh. Sterrett just has to make the arrangements.
    But he wont. Despite early negotiations with PSU and Syracuse, Sterrett and Coen have flatly stated that they have no interest in eather FBS games or any games outsde the Northeast. Lehigh no longer publishes future schedules. We wont know our 20 schedule until the Spring of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    But he wont. Despite early negotiations with PSU and Syracuse, Sterrett and Coen have flatly stated that they have no interest in eather FBS games or any games outsde the Northeast. Lehigh no longer publishes future schedules. We wont know our 20 schedule until the Spring of 2020.
    And people wonder why interest in the program is dwindling.

AGS FCS Champion

You are most likely in league with struggling FCS programs in the South (read: HBCUs), who often fill their schedules with fellow HBCUs and sometimes lower-division opponents, and Midwest, who often fill their schedules with money games, and also PFL programs, who often fill their schedules with lower-division opponents. But for Lehigh, unless Coen retires, this will probably stay.
    Reason number one why I am a bandwagon fan: the Ivy League football teams are not playing at their best nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by bonarae View Post
    You are most likely in league with struggling FCS programs in the South (read: HBCUs), who often fill their schedules with fellow HBCUs and sometimes lower-division opponents, and Midwest, who often fill their schedules with money games, and also PFL programs, who often fill their schedules with lower-division opponents. But for Lehigh, unless Coen retires, this will probably stay.
    Probably. Altho Sterrett is not a fan either. Neither are old and both are successful ( well mostly). I understand their reasoning in staying local but I dont get the absolute negation of even an occasional FBS or non region FCS game. Current plan seems to be we will play PL members Army and Navy once in a while.

Current plan seems to be we will play PL members Army and Navy once in a while.
    Still beats Marist and Davidson.
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Still beats Marist and Davidson.
    Yeah well you've got a point there.

I'd like to see the Yale-Lehigh series resumed in 2020. I made my first trip to Goodman Stadium last year and I was impressed. Much better than Jack Coffey Field, which is the only other Patriot League stadium I've visited. I plan on going to see the Yale-Holy Cross game this year. It will be interesting to compare their stadium to Goodman.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eli View Post
    I'd like to see the Yale-Lehigh series resumed in 2020. I made my first trip to Goodman Stadium last year and I was impressed. Much better than Jack Coffey Field, which is the only other Patriot League stadium I've visited. I plan on going to see the Yale-Holy Cross game this year. It will be interesting to compare their stadium to Goodman.
    Fitton is much older but a little more "classic" as stadia goes but there's hasn't been much of an investment over the years. If football continues to wane, its capacity is a candidate for a reduction akin to what happened to Memorial Stadium in Hanover.

Goodman suffers from a 1980's design that is too expansive and places seats far from the field. Given Lehigh's football heritage, there should be much more "history" within the facility but after 30 years it never took hold. If only they built on the Taylor footprint...

PL stadia ranked:

1. Fisher/Lafayette
    2. Fitton/HC
    3. Goodman/Lehigh
    4. Memorial/Bucknell
    5. Andy Kerr/Colgate
    6. Jack Coffey/Fordham
    NR. Cooper/Georgetown
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."