I have a few questions about the Big South as a football conference. As a basketball conference, the league is doing just fine with the team it has, but I'm wondering what the long-term plan is for the Big South.

Right now, the Big South has six teams and, if I'm not mistaken, another team to join in the next couple of years (North Alabama?). But they also will lose liberty to the FBS. I'm obviously not a close follower of the conference and I'm certain I'm missing some datapoints here.

Another point of concern, I think, is that Monmouth is not in the South and not close to many of the members (new and old). Further, don't you need a minimal amount of teams in a conference to become playoff eligible?

It's also not an option for the football conference to disolve and merge with the Socon. With the exception of Kennesaw and North Alabama(?), they don't really add much to the geographic footprint of the conference. I'd love to see the Socon grow to 12 teams and split into two divisions (like the CAA used to be), but that won't happen.

So what are the options for the Big South?