Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80
  1. #11
    AGS FCS Champion cx500d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Lucas, TX
    Posts
    6,114

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Yes - this should play very well with the Leadership of The Citadel & Virginia Military Institute...

    Now the cheerleaders are doing it? At least they have 4 proud americans.

  2. #12
    Top FCS Advocate tenNesseeCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryville, TN
    Posts
    270

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    If there's any shakeups happening in the SoCon please get our athletic department on the phone.

    PLEASE.
    I would LOVE that!!! I think it would help JSU and the SoCon. Throw in KSU and Campbell to make 12. Drop Campbell and add EKU maybe?

  3. #13
    AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    25,609

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by tenNesseeCat View Post
    I would LOVE that!!! I think it would help JSU and the SoCon. Throw in KSU and Campbell to make 12.
    NOPE. 9 is just fine...

    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  4. #14
    AGS FCS Expert
    JSUSoutherner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    In Hell preparing rooms for OVC officials.
    Posts
    5,966

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    NOPE. 9 is just fine...

    What don't feel like getting shut out?




    Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

  5. #15
    AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    25,609

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    What don't feel like getting shut out?

    Nope. Just don't want to confederate with the likes of jacksonville state university. NOT shocked the Western contingent DOES though. Neither The Citadel nor furman wants you or we would have invited you. See coastal carolina...
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  6. #16
    Top FCS Advocate NorthChuckSouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    209

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    I think Kennesaw would be a good fit too, but the problem with PC/GW/CSU is their location and consistency.
    How is the location of PC/GW/CSU a problem?

  7. #17
    AGS FCS Expert youngterrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grad School in SEC Country
    Posts
    5,626

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthChuckSouth View Post
    How is the location of PC/GW/CSU a problem?
    Clinton, SC doesn't provide anything media-market wise that Furman or Wofford does. GW is like 20 minutes away from Wofford, same thing. Charleston Southern doesn't offer much that the Citadel doesn't with Charleston either.

    If all three of them were premier FCS programs, it would be worth the invite (kind of like what the Big 12 did with TCU a couple years back), but right now the only one of them that's made the playoffs is Chuck South, and the jury is still out over whether they can sustain success or if their success was the Chadwell show.

  8. #18
    Top FCS Advocate tenNesseeCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryville, TN
    Posts
    270

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    Nope. Just don't want to confederate with the likes of jacksonville state university. NOT shocked the Western contingent DOES though. Neither The Citadel nor furman wants you or we would have invited you. See coastal carolina...
    No disrespect to anyone...but I feel like (football) they would add more than some of the other recent additions did/do. Elon was decent, but they were like the yankees of the socon. vmi is a dumpster fire that has burned out at this point.

    JSU appears to bring a good crowd. Their facilities look good. They field a good team. I'm sure their academics aren't what Samford or Mercer bring, but I think a lot of that is bs anyway. I've known complete morons who attented wake forest, unc, davidson.

    So why would FU and The Citadel look down their noses at JSU?

  9. #19
    Top FCS Advocate NorthChuckSouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    209

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    Clinton, SC doesn't provide anything media-market wise that Furman or Wofford does. GW is like 20 minutes away from Wofford, same thing. Charleston Southern doesn't offer much that the Citadel doesn't with Charleston either.

    If all three of them were premier FCS programs, it would be worth the invite (kind of like what the Big 12 did with TCU a couple years back), but right now the only one of them that's made the playoffs is Chuck South, and the jury is still out over whether they can sustain success or if their success was the Chadwell show.
    Ah okay I understand what you're saying.. even if they all were premier programs I just don't think a two subconference system would work in fcs football

  10. #20
    Top FCS Advocate NorthChuckSouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    209

    Re: The Future of the Big South

    Here's an article about the agreement between the Big South and ASUN

    http://bigsouthsports.com/news/2016/9/12/FB_0912162601.aspx?path=football

Similar Threads

  1. The Future of Football in the Big South
    By The Cats in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: September 10th, 2015, 09:25 PM
  2. TSN: South Dakota State sets future FBS games
    By TSN in forum FCS News Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
  3. South Dakota State: Future football scheduling ramps up
    By News from the FCS in forum Missouri Valley Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 9th, 2010, 07:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •