Quote Originally Posted by tenNesseeCat View Post
If it were 12 you could just play your division and rotate two in the other division. Could add JSU and two other state schools, and do a public/private split
At 12 teams and 2 divisions of 6, if you play your "side" that is only 5 games. So you would need to play 3 from the other "side" in order to not have to fill so many OOC games. I personally don't see any reason/benefit for an FCS conference to have a conference championship game because it would cost money rather than make money to put on. Having 9 and playing everybody seems to make more sense, and allows for set schedules.

But it is fun to talk about. So add Campbell to the small/private side, add JSU to the larger/public side. While JSU is public, I think they are about the same size as Mercer. Who else???

Larger schools: WCU/UTC/ETSU/JSU/Mercer/need 1 more and Mercer might prefer to be on the "other" side
Smaller schools: Wofford/Furman/VMI/Citadel/Campbell/Samford

Kennesaw State really doesn't fit all that well - as they are an ultra-large (comparatively-speaking) school with something like 35k students.

Again, I think staying at 9 is the right thing to do, and introducing a JSU or Campbell or anybody else should be as a replacement or the result of some massive down-stream fallout from the P5 screwing "college athletics" up even further.