Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Expert

Re: #2 North Dakota State @ #7 Youngstown St

Quote Originally Posted by centennial View Post
    NDSU wins this one 28-10.

Bo blows up on the sideline as is tradition.

Having watched a bunch of games from both teams
    - Easton Stick and Streveler are similar QB's. Stick is a better runner and thrower. Streveler takes more risks. YSU will struggle to stop Stick. I've been seeing him make changes at the line like Wentz.

- YSU offensive play calling is suspect. NDSU is significantly better vs last year.

- YSU QB can be a liability. If YSU can get a better QB they would be harder to beat.

Overall talent also favors NDSU. If you stop the RB's stick will kill you. Defense is stifling. All games NDSU had played they could've run up 80 points, probably only 60 vs EWU. So the real question is does NDSU keep passing the eye test? The look the best team in the FCS to me.
    One thing YSU's QB can do fairly well is run and NDSU was gashed a bit by Missouri St's QB who is similar (can't throw downfield but is a decent runner). Hopefully adjustments are made or the gameplan is more geared to stop the QB run against YSU. NDSU also needs to tackle better than they did last week. However, I'm pretty sure the NDSU players are aware of that and the coaches are going to hammer that all week (they could just show them @RossUglem's twitter feed). I like your score prediction but I think it'll be closer than the score indicates since possessions will be limited in this game due to the ball control style of both offenses. NDSU pulls away late to win by 3 scores.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 5-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Expert

Here's my take:

What do you do with NDSU's offense? If you stack the box Stick will kill you - he's proven that he's stepped up his game.

If you don't stack the box you get gushed by NDSU - who also can run outside quite well also.

I'm not worried about NDSU defense. They are who they are.

This comes down to NDSU's offense. Can they move the chains like they need to?

To steal Ross Uglem's words here from NDSU Scout (https://scout.com/college/north-dako...Ub-108683441):
    I keep belaboring the point, but Easton Stick is really, really good. Not only are his statistics electric, he’s going about his business in a way that makes them sustainable.His mastery of NDSU’s offense in his fourth year in the Bison offense has unlocked his ability to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage based on what he’s seeing from the defense, and that’s made all the difference in the world.Stick and offensive coordinator Courtney Messingham are consistently getting the Bison into advantageous play calls.Stick is using his eyes extremely well.He’s consistently moving defenders out of his throwing lanes before letting it fly.His touch on the deep ball has been exceptional.
    Last edited by IBleedYellow; October 9th, 2017 at 04:34 PM.

2011, '12, '13, '14 & '15 National Champions

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    One thing YSU's QB can do fairly well is run and NDSU was gashed a bit by Missouri St's QB who is similar (can't throw downfield but is a decent runner). Hopefully adjustments are made or the gameplan is more geared to stop the QB run against YSU. NDSU also needs to tackle better than they did last week. However, I'm pretty sure the NDSU players are aware of that and the coaches are going to hammer that all week (they could just show them @RossUglem's twitter feed). I like your score prediction but I think it'll be closer than the score indicates since possessions will be limited in this game due to the ball control style of both offenses. NDSU pulls away late to win by 3 scores.
    We'll have to put a spy on the YSU QB. Also consider that Stick has basically only played 3 games. We've been pulling him away in every game including EWU. He could've easily been 1200 yards instead of 800 with 15 TD's instead of 10. Because of this it's hard to call him the best QB in the FCS. However, he is starting to look as good as Brock Jensen in his last at year. I think this game is a coming out party for NDSU 2017. How good is the team really? I've been watching a lot of FBS ball, and I haven't seen many QB's that Stick would not beat as a starter.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by centennial View Post
    We'll have to put a spy on the YSU QB. Also consider that Stick has basically only played 3 games. We've been pulling him away in every game including EWU. He could've easily been 1200 yards instead of 800 with 15 TD's instead of 10. Because of this it's hard to call him the best QB in the FCS. However, he is starting to look as good as Brock Jensen in his last at year. I think this game is a coming out party for NDSU 2017. How good is the team really? I've been watching a lot of FBS ball, and I haven't seen many QB's that Stick would not beat as a starter.
    Stick is a better runner and has a better arm than Jensen did, all Jensen did was win football games. Stick has looked great this year so far.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    Stick is a better runner and has a better arm than Jensen did, all Jensen did was win football games. Stick has looked great this year so far.
    It's as if he found his 2015 mojo and the groove that he had back as a RFr. If he keeps this train rolling, I would hate to have to be the LB that has to spy him all game. When he is good, it prevents teams from sending 7-9 in the box and opens up Dunn and Bruuuuuce.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

Master FCS Advocate Penguin Nation's Avatar

NDSU 34-24.

RMU is their only common opponent so far, and NDSU dominated them much more than YSU. NDSU scored more points in Q1 than YSU all game. RMU was held to 13 yards passing, and had only one more completion than picks. This one could get out of hand, especially if Rapist Recruiter has another meltdown.

AGS FCS Champion

NDSU will win by more than 24 points
    AG1 now available in "Internet Black"

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and arm bears, shall not be infringed.

AGS FCS Champion

Youngstown is a tough place to play, first one to 20 wins.

AGS FCS Expert
    In Hell preparing rooms for OVC officials.

If the Bison are going to lose one it's gonna be this weekend. If Youngstown can play similar to how they played SDSU they are gonna have a good day.

The trick for YSU will be holding the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    It's as if he found his 2015 mojo and the groove that he had back as a RFr. If he keeps this train rolling, I would hate to have to be the LB that has to spy him all game. When he is good, it prevents teams from sending 7-9 in the box and opens up Dunn and Bruuuuuce.
    He was never this good in 2015. He was mostly doing 2 reads, mostly half field. Other receivers were for show. Neither was he changing runs away from pressure. I just cannot believe how good he is looking. Like I said I watch a lot of college ball, and I am not seeing many guys like him. If he keeps this up look he might even go to the next level.