Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 North Dakota State @ #7 Youngstown St

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

#2 North Dakota State @ #7 Youngstown St

Quite possibly the two best defenses in the country. Might have to go with a BigRed prediction.

NDSU 4-2 2OTs

Master FCS Advocate 70MilesFromCanada's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota

Re: #2 North Dakota State @ #7 Youngstown St

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Quite possibly the two best defenses in the country. Might have to go with a BigRed prediction.

NDSU 4-2 2OTs
    I think most Bison backers are not expecting to go undefeated. Thinking this is the one that gets away. 'Guins are due to win a close one.

"I insured my brain for $1,000,000. Don't ask me what I did with the money."

AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    My Team
    Wofford

From an outside observer standpoint, NDSU has played a relatively light schedule thus far apart from an impressive win against EWU. In that way, you could say that NDSU has done all they can...blow out everyone in their wake. YSU looks impressive in spite of two losses to good football teams.

Should be a good game either way. I don't know who to pick. The style of play for both teams (and the MVFC in general) is for close games, and though YSU may be less "rusty" having played better opponents the last couple of weeks, NDSU is still NDSU.

This is the *real* game of the week in my opinion. Gameday should have come to this one.

The Imagine Dragons of AGS
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    From an outside observer standpoint, NDSU has played a relatively light schedule thus far apart from an impressive win against EWU. In that way, you could say that NDSU has done all they can...blow out everyone in their wake. YSU looks impressive in spite of two losses to good football teams.

Should be a good game either way. I don't know who to pick. The style of play for both teams (and the MVFC in general) is for close games, and though YSU may be less "rusty" having played better opponents the last couple of weeks, NDSU is still NDSU.

This is the *real* game of the week in my opinion. Gameday should have come to this one.
    Had YSU won, they said they would have gone here since it would have been 2 top 3 teams going at it.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

AKA Lord Kingpin

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Had YSU won, they said they would have gone here since it would have been 2 top 3 teams going at it.
    That's fine with me... now they won't give the rapist recruiter an interview on the Gameday set.

Consequently, this is the 2nd time in 4 years that YSU pissed away a Gameday opportunity with NDSU coming to town. Going into the weekend of 11/9 in 2013 YSU was 8-1 (only loss was to Michigan St) and NDSU was 9-0. YSU lost by 2 at UNI that weekend and NDSU won but had they both won Lee Fitting said that Gameday would've been there on 11/16/13.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Two things happened last Saturday to YSU -- their D got exposed and the QB situation was on full display. Both were part of my evaluation at projecting them to finish 7-4 (and maybe worse if injuries occur) in preseason.

NDSU is who they are. I don't think this game is in doubt. Bison
    Four time I-AA National Champions

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    Two things happened last Saturday to YSU -- their D got exposed and the QB situation was on full display. Both were part of my evaluation at projecting them to finish 7-4 (and maybe worse if injuries occur) in preseason.

NDSU is who they are. I don't think this game is in doubt. Bison
    What is the deal with the QB situation? Is someone injured? Wasn't Wells the stud through the playoffs last year?

This should be a good slobber knocker.

Dewey
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions

Major FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    What is the deal with the QB situation? Is someone injured? Wasn't Wells the stud through the playoffs last year?

This should be a good slobber knocker.

Dewey
    Wells got injured early in the season (second game against RMU), and I believe it was on the first YSU offensive possession and he took a clean hit and landed on his throwing shoulder which caused a separated shoulder. That had a big impact on how many points YSU scored, as in the first half YSU may have scored in the redzone but it was almost all field goals if I remember. So could partly be why the Bison beat RMU much more. Not saying the Bison aren't more talented, just offering a bit of perspective as well for justification (could very well not be the reason). Couldn't seem to actually punch it in for a TD when we got in the redzone with the backup QB that week (Nathan mays). I know others will ding me for this, and it is nothing against Mays, but honestly had YSU not been playing the backup sophomore QB, and Wells was... well , then I think YSU would have won against USD. Should have still won, and playcalling at the end blew it IMO (NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING away from USD that is a good team and they did win). Anyway, Wells had gotten better and reinjured that same shoulder in the first possession (seeing a cursed pattern here) for the YSU offense against South Dakota State again after taking a clean hit and landing on it. He rolled out on the play it happened and managed to throw the ball away right before he got hit at least. Apparently, he will be out for another four weeks (this week is included in that four week projection so he would be back for the Indiana State game potentially on November 4th).

Would like to have had Wells back for this game too, but we definitely wont. I think this is going to be a tall task. As a fan, I have to hope we have a good showing, but I also know that looking at this, our chances are definitely worse than they could have been. Oh well, gotta play with the team you have. On another injury note, I've heard that we had some offensive linemen injuries in the USD game. If true, will really not bode well for this week.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by The Yo Show View Post
    Wells got injured early in the season (second game against RMU), and I believe it was on the first YSU offensive possession and he took a clean hit and landed on his throwing shoulder which caused a separated shoulder. That had a big impact on how many points YSU scored, as in the first half YSU may have scored in the redzone but it was almost all field goals if I remember. So could partly be why the Bison beat RMU much more. Not saying the Bison aren't more talented, just offering a bit of perspective as well for justification (could very well not be the reason). Couldn't seem to actually punch it in for a TD when we got in the redzone with the backup QB that week (Nathan mays). I know others will ding me for this, and it is nothing against Mays, but honestly had YSU not been playing the backup sophomore QB, and Wells was... well , then I think YSU would have won against USD. Should have still won, and playcalling at the end blew it IMO (NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING away from USD that is a good team and they did win). Anyway, Wells had gotten better and reinjured that same shoulder in the first possession (seeing a cursed pattern here) for the YSU offense against South Dakota State again after taking a clean hit and landing on it. He rolled out on the play it happened and managed to throw the ball away right before he got hit at least. Apparently, he will be out for another four weeks (this week is included in that four week projection so he would be back for the Indiana State game potentially on November 4th).

Would like to have had Wells back for this game too, but we definitely wont. I think this is going to be a tall task. As a fan, I have to hope we have a good showing, but I also know that looking at this, our chances are definitely worse than they could have been. Oh well, gotta play with the team you have. On another injury note, I've heard that we had some offensive linemen injuries in the USD game. If true, will really not bode well for this week.
    Thanks for the great informational post. That sucks about Wells. With a healthy Wells I could easily believe that YSU could have, should have won that game.

Hopefully Wells can comeback and stay healthy to help the Penguins make another playoff march (as long as it doesn't end NDSU's season).

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions

Youngstown needs the win WAY MORE than the Bison