Wanted to post how special it has been to be a part of the Wofford football family and how special these last 4 years and (the last 2 seasons in particular) have been. Last season making a good run in the playoffs ending in the quarterfinals, in a double OT loss at Youngstown, in a game that we had every opportunity to win. Then, bringing back most of that team this season, and to be sitting undefeated basically halfway through the season, is awesome. There is obviously plenty of football left, and many tough games remain, but this ride has been truly enjoyable as a fan, as a parent of a student athlete that plays for the team, and as just a fan of college football.

I do not know of many teams as equipped to handle pressure packed situations, and tough tight games as well as Wofford. This team has some intangibles that you cannot see on a roster report, or in the breakdown of teams. When the game is on the line, this team just makes the plays it takes to win, from a strip fumble, to late game interceptions, its a pleasure to watch. Nerve racking as can be, but awesome still.

Going back to last season, this team has won 11 of its last 12 games, (the lone loss over that span was a Double OT loss in the quarterfinals to Youngstown State) in a game we were in control of for most of the game. And many of the games over this span were of the close, grind it out fashion. 1 score or less, up or down, this team just does not blink during its toughest moments. And to me, being a fan, it's all we can ask for. I see a lot of fans from other programs throwing some shade in regards to how good this team is, and it is part of the deal with sports, that is going to be the case, but if you haven't seen this team directly, before you cast your lot against this group, take heed, this group does not like losing and has an aversion to it.

And above and beyond even that, I have a son who plays at Wofford. He is a Senior, and I am getting to enjoy his farewell to college football during this exciting time as a football program. I do not know how this story ends, but I do know how appreciative I am of the school and program and how amazing this ride has been. We are looking for a SoCon title, and a deep playoff run...but all of that comes down to each weeks battle, and this week is another battle with our rival Citadel. I am not taking anything for granted, every game means everything as we come down the stretch. As a parent I would say to my fellow parents of student athletes, enjoy it all. GO to as many games as possible, and get pictures and videos and don't blink, it ends so fast. Nothing has been as enjoyable in my life as to watch your kids reach their goals and dreams of playing sports, getting a degree, and competing at the highest level towards championships.

Good luck to everyone going forward, wish your teams good fortune and luck, and injury free seasons..

GO TERRIERS