Week Three for the NEC and all seven teams with OOC games.

Time Teams Massey Rating
12:30 pm Bryant
@ Brown
# 82 (1-1)
# 95 (-)
1:00 pm Duquesne
@ Dayton
# 69 (1-1)
# 92 (1-1)
1:00 pm Wagner
@ Columbia
# 85 (1-1)
# 84 (-)
2:00 pm VMI
@ Robert Morris
# 100 (0-2)
# 102 (1-1)
2:00 pm Central Conn.
@ Youngstown St.
# 103 (0-2)
# 3 (1-1)
6:00 pm Sacred Heart
@ Stony Brook
# 79 (2-0)
# 26 (1-1)
7:00 pm Towson
@ St. Francis
# 42 (1-1)
# 46 (2-0)

· Some close match-ups in terms of the Massey Ratings - which I've included for a change. If you're interested, Massey predictions for Week 3 are here: https://www.masseyratings.com/pred.php?s=cf&sub=11605

· I’m a little surprised RMU is ranked below VMI in these ratings given that VMI lost to D-2 Catawba last week. I think RMU wins this easily.

· Curious to see how Wagner plays without their starting QB this week. Massei wasn’t bad last week, but he did have a couple of ill-advised throws that cost them. A full week of practice should help him quite a bit.

· You have to wonder what is up with Duquesne’s defense. I know they were up 17 in the 4th quarter last week, but they still only won by 5 against a Valpo team that has struggled for a number of years. Maybe Cecchini is finally turning things around out there.

· I’m still trying to figure out how in the world StFU got Towson to agree to play in Loretto this week. What a culture change from last week’s game at Maryland for the Tigers where they played in front of 37,000. StFU is lucky to get 1,500 on a good day. Hopefully this is the year the Red Flash can pull off the upset and get a measure of revenge after blowing a big lead at Towson last year.

· I expect Stony Brook and YSU to win, although SHU has played well so far this year, so that could be close. CCSU will likely struggle against YSU’s defense, so I think YSU wins by 25 or more.

· I’d like to pick Bryant in their game against Brown this week, but their defense has allowed 101 points in two games so it’s hard to pick them this week. Still it would be a nice story if Coach Perry can get his first win against his alma mater.

Last week – 6-0
Overall – 12-1