Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Charleston Southern adds game @ Indiana Oct 7th due to hurricane

Great pick up game I wonder how Indiana was able to get the Big 10 to back off the no playing FCS opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony215 View Post
    Great pick up game I wonder how Indiana was able to get the Big 10 to back off the no playing FCS opponents.
    Probably just circumstances. Indiana had very few options of teams available that week.
    Yeah our stadium is a dump. But your mama has season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony215 View Post
    The Big 10 is now allowing their members to schedule FCS games again.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...all-scheduling

Anyways, this is obviously a much needed paycheck for CSU, but in terms of their season, they just swapped a likely win for a guaranteed loss. Your margin of error for an at-large spot for the postseason is that much more razor thin.

I never thought any Big South team, including CSU, has any at-large argument, but this probably just guaranteed it's win the BS, or you're not in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post

Anyways, this is obviously a much needed paycheck for CSU, but in terms of their season, they just swapped a likely win for a guaranteed loss. Your margin of error for an at-large spot for the postseason is that much more razor thin.

I never thought any Big South team, including CSU, has any at-large argument, but this probably just guaranteed it's win the BS, or you're not in the field.
    With CCU gone, and Liberty ineligible, the Big South race is really just CSU and Kennesaw. CSU's OOC schedule is really quite weak with games against Point, Mississippi Valley State and Savannah State. An at-large bid, even with a SC State win (which was not guaranteed), was always going to be a long shot.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...ern-buccaneers

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post

Yeah the BS wont get an at large. Some years Id argue there could have been an at large argument. Actually in 2015 CSU and Coastal got in. But with CCU and LU gone yeah, we are a 1 team only playoff league now. Maybe that changes in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by walliver View Post
    With CCU gone, and Liberty ineligible, the Big South race is really just CSU and Kennesaw. CSU's OOC schedule is really quite weak with games against Point, Mississippi Valley State and Savannah State. An at-large bid, even with a SC State win (which was not guaranteed), was always going to be a long shot.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...ern-buccaneers
    Completely agree.

The Big South desperately needs Kennesaw State to become a top 25 program and I think they are becoming that. After that we add D2 powerhouse North Alabama. UNA has the potential with 65 schollys and their culture/facilities/geography to be a very strong FCS program. After that...not sure whats in store. Campbell can become a decent team but im not sure those 3 can replace losing LU/CCU/Stoney Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucs2016 View Post
    We played Illinois a few years ago and they were a bottom Big10 team. Beat us pretty bad.

Closest we've come to an FBS win...Miami-OH and Vandy. Think we led UMOH late and a blocked punt or something screwed us. And in 2014 we had Vandy on the ropes. That one will hurt forever. Took long pass (25 yrds or more) into red zone for winning FG with under 2 mins to play and referee called it back over a SIDELINE WARNING. Seriously. An FCS team hits the likely game winning pass against an SEC team and a ref decides to go sideline penalty at that moment. I'll neber forget it. But Indiana this year is much better than either of those teams.
    Wow, what happened to CSU at Vandy in 2014 really sucks. You guys got screwed over, simple as that. But we all know the mighty SEC can't have one of its teams losing to an FCS Big South program like CSU

Quote Originally Posted by woffordgrad94 View Post
    Wow, what happened to CSU at Vandy in 2014 really sucks. You guys got screwed over, simple as that. But we all know the mighty SEC can't have one of its teams losing to an FCS Big South program like CSU
    Yeah. I hope im not mistaken by the time etc etc but I recall it was near the end of the game, when we caught the pass I knew that was it we would win it...and the ridiculous penalty that followed to negate the play.

Major FCS Advocate NorthChuckSouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woffordgrad94 View Post
    A lot of questionable calls/no calls by the refs in this one... our d-end was held in the endzone near the end of the game too. Should have had that game but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades