Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Central Conn. St. @ YSU

They will look semi-good against CCSU. But the drinking starts in earnest come the MVFC. If Wells injury is serious and has him missing league games, this is my scenario for the 6-5 season.YSU has no depth at QB.

moRon has a kid promotion game this week with CCSU, trying to fill seats. Alcohol didn't work. Free seats for kids ? Doubt that works either.

Embarrassing
    Four time I-AA National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    They will look semi-good against CCSU. But the drinking starts in earnest come the MVFC. If Wells injury is serious and has him missing league games, this is my scenario for the 6-5 season.YSU has no depth at QB.

moRon has a kid promotion game this week with CCSU, trying to fill seats. Alcohol didn't work. Free seats for kids ? Doubt that works either.

Embarrassing
    C'mon man...the kid promo is an annual event and has been so for years. Has nothing to do whatsoever with the beer sales.

The kids days are annual events and have been going on for well over a decade. I find the beer argument rather interesting as you are basing the success or lack of success of that new offering after just one game?

If we want to talk attendance, let's have that discussion after SDSU and NDSU. Those have the makings to be top 5, or at the very least top 10, heavyweight fights at home. If the fans don't show for that that, then shame on this community. If they don't show for CCSU, I won't lose any sleep over it.

YSU started beer sales for 2 reasons -- additional income and an enticement to get people to attend. I don't know how many drunks soaked up the booze but butts in seats was small again. I don't see any pronounced effects for the season, SDS or NDS. There is already plenty of shame in the community. You can thank the AD and coach for that. People have voted with their feet, thank you very much.

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyTalk View Post
    The kids days are annual events and have been going on for well over a decade. I find the beer argument rather interesting as you are basing the success or lack of success of that new offering after just one game?

If we want to talk attendance, let's have that discussion after SDSU and NDSU. Those have the makings to be top 5, or at the very least top 10, heavyweight fights at home. If the fans don't show for that that, then shame on this community. If they don't show for CCSU, I won't lose any sleep over it.
    So because of my work schedule being 12 hour swing shifts and on weekends, I will miss alot of games this year. I work this weekend on nights (I worked last weekend on days). So I wasn't able to attend this game or last game. I was at the Pitt game. From my schedule, I can only be at two YSU home games this year. LUCKILY, they are the SDSU game and the NDSU game . I will definitely be there for those games.

A note on scheduling, I have said this many times, Paladin and Nation, I completely agree with you on scheduling. There has to be a MAC school we could schedule as a second FBS money game. It would be a game that will win recruits plus have the added benefit of increasing strength of schedule vs two cupcake alternative. But baring that, I would be happy with Strong FCS OOC game, FBS money game, 1 cupcake. Almost as appealing would be: FBS P5 money game, FBS MAC money game, cupcake, OR even FBS MAC money game, FBS MAC money game, cupcake. My personal favorite out of all three options would probably be FBS P5 money game, FBS MAC money game, cupcake but I like all the options.

Another note on MAC scheduling. I live and work in Akron and I learned last week from my coworker about some big Akron donors. The donors have made clear that Akron is NOT allowed to schedule YSU and have threatened the administration with losing donor money. Only way donors would let YSU get scheduled is if we were either MAC or they were to "drop down" (as they would call it and also they have made clear they hate this idea too) to FCS. I think if YSU were to be scheduling a MAC school, its going to have to be Toledo, Buffalo, maybe Bowling Green? Akron will not play us (despite how I wish they would. I live like 10 minutes from Akron's stadium and it would be great bragging rights at work). Kent would likely have similar reservations with playing us, but I have not heard specifically that they would be forbidden like I have with Akron. I can't help but look at this situation and wish there was some way we could get Akron to play YSU... . I want that game REALLY bad.

I hear you, Yo. The fact is , YSU OWNED Akron and their big money boosters should be embarrassed. And I attended many games AT Kent where the crowd was 75% YSU fans and that game was their biggest (and only big) gate of the year.

Scheduling is just another incompetent sin of the YSU AD, among the many, many embarrassments.

I understand CCSU will also have 4 players suspended too. Limited schollies and discipline problems. It will get ugly.

First Class FCS Ruler UNHWildcat18's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    I hear you, Yo. The fact is , YSU OWNED Akron and their big money boosters should be embarrassed. And I attended many games AT Kent where the crowd was 75% YSU fans and that game was their biggest (and only big) gate of the year.

Scheduling is just another incompetent sin of the YSU AD, among the many, many embarrassments.

I understand CCSU will also have 4 players suspended too. Limited schollies and discipline problems. It will get ugly.
    CCSU has been struggling for almost a decade.

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'

Quote Originally Posted by UNHWildcat18 View Post
    CCSU has been struggling for almost a decade.
    CCSU has been struggling since 2011. We haven't had a winning season and the current coaching regime is just not getting it done. I expect major changes after the season. We have a new President that started this summer. Our AD just left a few weeks ago, and Coach Ross is in the last year of his contract. We will see, but the program has potential if we have the right people in place.

From 2004-2010, Central won 4 NEC Championships and at the time was the cream of the crop in the league alongside Albany and Monmouth. Some very good non-conference wins during that period when we had even less scholarships than we have now.

Don't expect much this week vs. YSU. We are likely cashing a check and coming home with a big loss. It is too bad, just a few years ago we would have been more competitive in these types of games

CCSU's suspended players include 2WRs and 2 LBs. They get hit on both sides of the ball.

I look for a 42-7 type game, YSU. And it may be worse.

Major FCS Advocate ytownchief22's Avatar

Paladin could start at QB saturday and YSU would win. Guins roll. Hunter will be back for conference play where things get interesting.