Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: SLC Pick'em: Week 3

Too soon to say. We have a new staff in addition to being eligible for the play offs. This will be their first full recruiting cycle. Lots of offers out but only one commit so far. I'll let you know closer to signing day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentor View Post
    I would have voted for you guys, but I got too much sympathy for HBU right now. I'm sure you guys will continue to improve.

Hey, now that your team is post-season eligible, have you noticed any difference in recruitments yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat1997 View Post
    Mcneese
    Lamar
    SFA
    ACU (I'm kind of surprised to see so many people going with HBU. It'll be our first game in our brand new stadium and it will be electric and we also showed some good things against the 2 FBS teams we played. I just don't see us losing this game.)
    Nicholls
    UCA
    I was thinking the same thing about the picks for the HBU/ACU tilt. Do y'all have some insider information or something? It could happen, but ACU losing its opening game in its new stadium would be a shocker to me.

AGS FCS Champion

Mcneese

ACU (I'm kind of surprised to see so many people going with HBU. It'll be our first game in our brand new stadium and it will be electric and we also showed some good things against the 2 FBS teams we played. I just don't see us losing this game.)
    The reason I went with HBU is this: Moncure (19), Dolan (15), Walker (10), and Lewis (9) each have impressive number of tackles so far in two games. Add to that the offense has run the ball 82 times and you eat the clock up (32 minutes of possession per game) . 6 Touchbacks on kickoffs and a QB that is completing 56% of his passes and ACU has to figure out how to get them off the field IMO. So statistically HBU is doing well. But sometimes its not about the Xs and Os but about the Jimmy and Joes. Plus ACU has played two FBS schools so no one can really know how good or bad they are at the FCS level. But I think it will be the passing of ACU vs. the defense of HBU.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous
    Artist formerly known as: UCABEAR

Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the picks for the HBU/ACU tilt. Do y'all have some insider information or something? It could happen, but ACU losing its opening game in its new stadium would be a shocker to me.
    Sagarin has ACU as the favorite without the extra incentive of opening a new stadium. It's the first game we have played on campus since WWII. A full weekend of activities are planned. A Needtobreathe concert Friday night, lots of on campus game day stuff, a big post game fireworks display. The team has been looking toward this moment for a couple of years.

Playing before a sell out crowd...having played two good FBS teams...they are ready for the conference and to take out frustrations on another FCS team. I see a 10 to 14 point game. Maybe more.
    -

McNeese at Alcorn State
    Lamar at Northwestern State
    Incarnate Word at SFA
    HBU at ACU
    Prairie View A&M at Nicholls
    Southeastern Louisiana at UCA

Class of 1994
    Eatem Up Kats!!!

First Class FCS Ruler Serpentor's Avatar

Mcneese
    Lamar
    SFA
    Nicholls
    UCA
    I won't feel bad to be proven wrong on that one, I'm rooting for ACU to improve. I still would give HBU an edge here.

Some of the banners that will go around the entirety of Wildcat Stadium. There's over 90 in total.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails acu banners.jpg  

Some of the banners that will go around the entirety of Wildcat Stadium. There's over 90 in total.
    Super nice touch. Looks so.... eerily familiar.

I went HBU mainly because they have shown some good football the first two weeks for the first time ever so i was betting on them keeping it rolling.
    Duke Colonel Angus

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by milleniumkat View Post
    I went HBU mainly because they have shown some good football the first two weeks for the first time ever so i was betting on them keeping it rolling.
    One name....Dolan. Kid makes all the world of difference for defense on that team.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous
    Artist formerly known as: UCABEAR