The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Re: Way Too Early 2017 Bracketology - Dom Izzo

I like that bracket a lot.

FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    I like that bracket a lot.
    Me too. I don't know how we would stack up with CSU, but if we could make it past them and play JSU - Oh YEAH! I want to someday see our team be able to compete with the Gamecocks. That's a tall task I know, but at this point, I don't think our programs are as far apart as some would believe. That last embarrassment is certainly not an indicator for now. To at least be able to play a competitive game vs you guys would help my bruised feelings considerably. Then there is always that wonderful possibility of an upset.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Has the Patriot League as a one bid league with Fordham earning the at large.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

My Team
    Chattanooga

I'd be good with that!!!!
    I STILL HATE MARSHALL!​ Every time I see that movie, I root for Xavier!!!!!!!

AGS FCS Champion

Here's his full bracket to avoid giving that inforum site any more clicks than it needs to get (ignore the 2016 dates - he apparently just copied everything into a bracket originally made for last year):

I'm not quite sure how he expects Kennesaw St to pick up an at-large bid without beating CSU. They've got a D2 and two SWACs in their non-conference slate.

Other than that it seems plausible. The Big Sky pod with Cal Poly, EWU, and NAU just makes me shake my head but it is what it is. Don't think the selection committee wouldn't do that even though all schools are not even within bussing distance of each other.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

My Team
    Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Here's his full bracket to avoid giving that inforum site any more clicks than it needs to get (ignore the 2016 dates - he apparently just copied everything into a bracket originally made for last year):

I'm not quite sure how he expects Kennesaw St to pick up an at-large bid without beating CSU. They've got a D2 and two SWACs in their non-conference slate.

Other than that it seems plausible. The Big Sky pod with Cal Poly, EWU, and NAU just makes me shake my head but it is what it is. Don't think the selection committee wouldn't do that even though all schools are not even within bussing distance of each other.

Thanks for taking time to share this Professor.

First Class FCS Ruler

That Big Sky Pod would cause some heated discussion. Considering how poorly the conference has done the last few years in the playoffs might not be a bad Idea to lump them together.
    He missed on Montana last year and he got it wrong again this year! Montana will be in the field of 24!
    aka mavman

AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    My Team
    The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by nevadagriz View Post
    That Big Sky Pod would cause some heated discussion. Considering how poorly the conference has done the last few years in the playoffs might not be a bad Idea to lump them together.
    He missed on Montana last year and he got it wrong again this year! Montana will be in the field of 24!
    Why would placing those teams together be less douchey than the South Carolina bracket of the last two years? Stitt better hope so or he's going to be looking for a job.
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

BigLie = 4?
    CAA = 4
    MVFC = 4

SoCon = 3?

Big South = 2 (Kennesaw?)
    OVC = 2
    Southland = 2

NEC = 1
    Patriot = 1
    Pioneer = 1

* How does he figure the Consensus 2nd Strongest Conference in FCS, the SoCon, is 'ranked' 4th in getting Teams in the Playoffs, with only 3? 4 was a no-brainer last year. Probably should have been 5. I'm thinking 5 or 6 Teams ought to be in for the SoCon this year....something like that. ;-)

* He has the BigLie getting 4 Teams again...after their showing last year!!! Has he seen not seen Lucy pull the Football away from Charlie Brown enough yet?

* What has Kennesaw State done to deserve ALL of the LOVE they are getting? They lost to the SoCon's 7th place Team last year and I don't see that they have had ANY 'good' wins...EVER. Unless I'm mistaken, they have NEVER beaten a single FCS Team with a winning record. I hope Samford hangs 100 on them in Week 1!!
    Last edited by FUBeAR; August 23rd, 2017 at 01:08 PM.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model