Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You are not gonna forget me. GO CATS! catamount man's Avatar

Re: SouthernPigskins' SoCon Preseason Position Rankings: Running Back

Quote Originally Posted by tenNesseeCat View Post
    I'll add that those #'s don't include Adams, who had the second most rushing yards for WCU last year at 580. In '15 it was Mitchell at 575, and '14 was Mitchell with 670. last year's carry totals were Newsome-156, Adams-123, Young-44, Holloway-38. 361 total, of which Adams carried 34% of the load. Also, I think he will be more efficient this year as a runner, due to added depth at QB.
    The added depth at QB will indeed give Tyrie more running options and I expect Speir and Glenn to take full advantage of that. GO CATS!!!

If you exclude the QB from the category, Citadel is probably not #1. If you include QB production, then Wofford should be higher than #3.

It is very hard to compare option teams to other teams in terms of RB play, especially since one of the measures of RB performance is blocking ability in the TO.

Quote Originally Posted by walliver View Post
    If you exclude the QB from the category, Citadel is probably not #1. If you include QB production, then Wofford should be higher than #3.

It is very hard to compare option teams to other teams in terms of RB play, especially since one of the measures of RB performance is blocking ability in the TO.
    Sticking with the format of the analysis, if we add Goodson's and Newman's (Woffy's Returning QB's) Career Yardage of 654 to the 1,379 of the Returning RB's, we get 2,033...which is still below the returning yards of just the RB's from Mercer, WCU, and CIT. So, by that metric, Woffy couldn't be above 4th. I can't do it now, but I can go back and add in all of the QB's Career Yardage pretty quickly...As you postulated (sort of, I think), I believe that that would put CIT #1 as Allen (alone) has 1,618 career rushing yards.

As far as blocking...RB's in all Offenses need to block - some more than others, but that would be pretty hard to evaluate objectively without access to all of the Coaches Game Video's for the past 4 years....so...."Out of Scope"
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.