Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

MU to CAA speculation

I would prefer that Monmouth go to CAA as football-only member. MAAC seems like a better fit for basketball. Travel would be better for all other sports as well. Many of the northern teams are CAA associate members such as Albany, Maine, New Hampshire, and Stony Brook.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/coll...uth/547409001/

Re: MU to CAA speculation

I hope it's after we're long gone. With that being said, I fully anticipate Monmouth being the program that'll replace us.

JMU needs to be long gone.... please. The league has already been watered down enough by losing ODU and UMass and replacing them with Stony Brook, Albany and Elon.

No mention of the Patriot League.

This calls to mind Rev. John Brooks' observation: "We have set a model for others to follow. So far, no one has followed."
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

AGS FCS Champion

No way can they compete in the CAA with their facilities imo. Even the "new" one...
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    I hope it's after we're long gone. With that being said, I fully anticipate Monmouth being the program that'll replace us.

JMU needs to be long gone.... please. The league has already been watered down enough by losing ODU and UMass and replacing them with Stony Brook, Albany and Elon.
    If you move up the league you'll be joining will likely be far more "watered down" relative to the rest of FBS than the CAA would be relative to the rest of FCS with Monmouth.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

Top FCS Ruler

Be careful what you wish for! ODU wasn't in the conference long enough to even miss them. Stony Brook, Albany and Elon are all welcome additions to CAA football - Quality schools that are a good long term fit for FCS football and the conference.

If JMU ever does leave adding Monmouth would make for a natural two division, north and south, conference by drawing the line between Monmouth and Philadelphia.

AGS FCS Expert

I thought JMU had no intention of moving up and the one comment by a former AD about their interest being real was him "going rogue"?
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 5-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I thought JMU had no intention of moving up and the one comment by a former AD about their interest being real was him "going rogue"?
    It was him going rogue in 2011. Now they're saying, "if it's a right fit", which we suppose is anything other than the sun belt (which they actively turned down). They're holding out for the mythical unicorn that is a new east coast G5 conference consisting of SBC and CUSA teams in the east that are tired of sending their tennis teams to Texas.

Master FCS Advocate PaladinNation's Avatar

It was him going rogue in 2011. Now they're saying, "if it's a right fit", which we suppose is anything other than the sun belt (which they actively turned down). They're holding out for the mythical unicorn that is a new east coast G5 conference consisting of SBC and CUSA teams in the east that are tired of sending their tennis teams to Texas.
    It will never happen but I wish Furman would leave the SoCon for the CAA. I'd even be ok if we took The Citadel as our schedule buddy.

Frequent FCS Advocate Little Stevie's Avatar

Monmouth certainly appears to be a program with ambition and sincere expectations.