3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

My Team
    Sammy

Re: STATS Preseason Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by SU DOG View Post
    Just out - the FCS rankings for 2017

http://www.fcs.football/fcsfront.asp

Excellent starting point for Sammy! Awesome!

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by The Pod View Post
    Excellent starting point for Sammy! Awesome!
    I have no problem with them starting there if you have no problem with them getting passed by teams that beat actual competition later in the year. Sound like a deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

My Team
    South Dakota State

Agree with SHSU being WAY overrated. Last year, the combined record of their opponents (excluding playoffs) was 45-78... TWO teams they played had winning records, and one was 6-5 (McNeese). Chatanooga, who was 10-3, lost to Alabama, Illinois State, and Eastern Washington. Illinois State beat SHSU 31-24, had an overall record of 6-6, and 4-4 in the Valley. Eastern Washington had three match-ups against Valley teams, barely beating UNI, who was 5-6 overall/4-4 in the Valley, then losing to NDSU and YSU. Basically what I am getting at, is SHSU would probably finish 4th or 5th in the Valley at best. But they'll have another easy road to the playoffs and probably get stomped out again.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sdsuceegrad View Post
    Agree with SHSU being WAY overrated. Last year, the combined record of their opponents (excluding playoffs) was 45-78... TWO teams they played had winning records, and one was 6-5 (McNeese). Chatanooga, who was 10-3, lost to Alabama, Illinois State, and Eastern Washington. Illinois State beat SHSU 31-24, had an overall record of 6-6, and 4-4 in the Valley. Eastern Washington had three match-ups against Valley teams, barely beating UNI, who was 5-6 overall/4-4 in the Valley, then losing to NDSU and YSU. Basically what I am getting at, is SHSU would probably finish 4th or 5th in the Valley at best. But they'll have another easy road to the playoffs and probably get stomped out again.
    They play Richmond in week 0 this year. We'll find out right away whether they deserve to be top 5 or not.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

*yawn*
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

My Team
    Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They play Richmond in week 0 this year. We'll find out right away whether they deserve to be top 5 or not.
    Unless they win, in which case everyone says Richmond is overrated and the win doesn't mean anything.

My Team
    Sammy

zzzzzzz...........yaaaawwwnnn....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentor View Post
    Unless they win, in which case everyone says Richmond is overrated and the win doesn't mean anything.
    That'll be the problem with the powerderpuffs at the middle and bottom of the Southland that litter SHSU's schedule. They need Richmond to have a good year probably more than any other OOC opponent for any other team in the country to help make a case for a high seed come playoff time.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That'll be the problem with the powerderpuffs at the middle and bottom of the Southland that litter SHSU's schedule. They need Richmond to have a good year probably more than any other OOC opponent for any other team in the country to help make a case for a high seed come playoff time.
    In a perfect world we beat Richmond then Richmond beats everybody in the CAA.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.