Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Win at all costs: Recruiting Rapists

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Youngstown State

Win at all costs: Recruiting Rapists

Ma’lik Richmond, convicted of rape while in HS, is on the current YSU roster.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5669903.html

I'm out. I can't support a team that recruits rapists. I believe in second chances, which is why I initially supported Bo, Carl, and many players with checkered pasts. Some mistakes can't be made even once. Rape? NFW. Maybe I'll follow YSU FB again after Bo leaves after the 2018 season. I say this as a previously lifelong fan, alumni, and donor. My wife is a JMU alum, so until YSU FB becomes respectable again, go Dukes.

AGS FCS Champion

Re: Win at all costs: Recruiting Rapists

Personally, I don't see a problem, penguin nation. Seems to be norm and on par for the american football life:

In May, Steubenville superintendent Michael McVey, 51, was charged with felony counts of tampering with evidence and obstructing justice, and misdemeanor counts of falsification and obstructing official business in relation to the case.
    In April, volunteer football coach Matt Belardine was sentenced to 10 days in jail for one count of making a false statement and one count of enabling underage drinking. His house was the scene of an underage drinking party that preceded the incident.
    Also in April, wrestling coach Seth Fluharty was ordered to perform 20 hours of community as punishment for failing to report the rape.

Again, what's the problem? I see nothing but american normalcy w/ respect to illegal malfeasance about a football program. americans love their beloved [football] and the "win @ all cost" attitude that seemingly goes w/ it. Even the farce that the ncaa is proudly displaying w/ the precious apr dealio was 40+ years long overdue. The ONLY thing most americans care about w/ regards to an athletic "student" is "can he block, run, catch, or pass?" baylor, smu, youngstown st, florida, florida st, tennessee, uofh, et al.
    Last edited by Panther88; July 24th, 2017 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther88 View Post
    Personally, I don't see a problem, penguin nation. Seems to be norm and on par for the american football life:

Again, what's the problem? I see nothing but american normalcy w/ respect to illegal malfeasance about a football program. americans love their beloved [football] and the "win @ all cost" attitude that seemingly goes w/ it. Even the farce that the ncaa is proudly displaying w/ the precious apr dealio was 40+ years long overdue. The ONLY thing most americans care about w/ regards to an athletic "student" is "can he block, run, catch, or pass?" baylor, smu, youngstown st, florida, florida st, tennessee, uofh, et al.
    Don't forget Iowa University...
    "We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom." -- Stephen Vincent Benét

My Team
    Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Don't forget Iowa University...
    Is this what you're referring to? http://www.espn.com/college-football...ory?id=6012358

I'd make the distinction between recruiting someone with a clean record and then is involved in a sexual assault...versus knowing there's a history of sexual assault and recruiting them anyway (YSU's situation).

My Team
    James Madison

You have every right to be pissed here. I would be. Bo is already known for not having the shiniest reputation and this isn't doing himself any favors.

We're not talking about an allegation here and a potential cover-up, he said she said situation. He was actually convicted.

The Dukes welcome you. That almost must have made for an interesting december/january in your household, unless your wife just doesn't care about cfb.

My Team
    Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    You have every right to be pissed here. I would be. Bo is already known for not having the shiniest reputation and this isn't doing himself any favors.

We're not talking about an allegation here and a potential cover-up, he said she said situation. He was actually convicted.

The Dukes welcome you. That almost must have made for an interesting december/january in your household, unless your wife just doesn't care about cfb.
    We had a lot of fun with it. We couldn't make the game but had a house party and back yard tailgate instead. She mercifully didn't gloat too much.

My Team
    Youngstown State

http://www.yourohiovalley.com/story/...ntion-facility

The rapist's attorney's statement makes it sound like Ma'lik is the victim.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    MSU-Mankato Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Nation View Post
    The rapist's attorney's statement makes it sound like Ma'lik is the victim.
    "At sixteen years old, Ma'Lik and his family endured hardness beyond imagination for any adult yet alone child. He has persevered the hardness and made the most of yet another unfortunate set of circumstances in his life. As with each other obstacle, Ma'Lik has met it squarely, lifted his chin, and set his shoulders; he is braced for the balance of his life."

Sound like he is looking for a medal- or a chest to pin it on. A heroic rapist- just what every team needs. What a load of crap.
    Buffalo Lake Laker
    Ridgewater Warrior
    MNState Maverick

My Team
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    "At sixteen years old, Ma'Lik and his family endured hardness beyond imagination for any adult yet alone child. He has persevered the hardness and made the most of yet another unfortunate set of circumstances in his life. As with each other obstacle, Ma'Lik has met it squarely, lifted his chin, and set his shoulders; he is braced for the balance of his life."

Sound like he is looking for a medal- or a chest to pin it on. A heroic rapist- just what every team needs. What a load of crap.
    That's a level of spin I thought we were only getting out of washington.

My Team
    Youngstown State

He paid his debt. He was charged as a juvenile, not an adult. That's on the judge and system. We've had presidents running this country accused of rape and berating women. #7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers is still celebrated greatly after what he went through. This kid can't go get an education and walk onto the football team at an FCS school ? My god...