My sophomore year at Iowa. Two a days under out new head coach was brutal. No regular water breaks. Everything was full contact all the time and that extended though to the regular season.

About 7 days in to the 10-14 days of two a days the senior center that Iam battling for the starting spot goes down with a lower back injury.
SOooooo now there is jut me and a 3rd teamer who was really a guard are the only centers. As we get done with cal and break down in to position drills I am informed that I will be the center for the 1s and 2s for all the drills. So after one drill I have to run back and be the center for the 2s while everyone gets a break. This went on all practice including scrimmage. Longest practice of my life.

Did I mention that when I showed up for camp I was 220. Our new head coach thought I was too heavy and put me on the fatmans table. When we went to Ohio State for out first game of the year he had me down to 199.

Speaking of the fatmans table we had a guy Named Wendell Bell from LA. He was 3 bills easy. So they had Wendell on the fatmans table but he wasnt losing any weight. After about 7 days they were wondering WTF so they had a coach watch him. After dinner we usually had some free time after training room treatments. After treatments Wendell would use the Pay Phone and call the local Pizza joint and have them deliver it 4 blocks away at a park down by the river. The coaches finally figure it out and have a coach hiding in the tall bushes. Just like clock work Wendell shows up and 5 minutes later here comes the pizza guy. So Wendell is eating his pizza and the coach steps out of the bushes and says--damn Wendell that looks pretty good. Wendell with out missing a beats says---you want some. Coach says yeah. As the coach eats a piece of Wendells pizza--- Wendell says---pretty good huh. Coach says Yep. Wendell then says--- Im in big trouble aint I? the coach says Yep as hes eating Wendells pizza. The coach gets up to leave and Wendell asks--you want some more pizza? Coach goes no thanks Im trying to lose some weight and keeps walking.
Of course Wendell gets no sleep that night.
Next day we all get up and go to breakfast. As the wait staff brings everyone their breakfast except for Wendell.
Wendell is sitting there not saying anything----when all of a sudden the doors open and it the pizza delivery guy with a pizza. All of the coaches are sitting there with a big smile on there face. They all get up and surround Wendell and make him eat this ginormous pizza all the while they are yelling at him. After he eats it the coaches then explain to all of us what has happened and that Wendell is going to have a very rough day. I think Wendell made it through 30 minutes of practice before he blew chow with the coaches yelling at him and asking how that pizza tasted the second time around.