Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 50 days untill the Battle of Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by UNHWildcat18 View Post
    the classic spidey cry meme,, taking the easy response route I see. Should have guessed as much

First Class FCS Ruler UNHWildcat18's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post

lol???? Don't get me wrong I love talking smack with people and watching other people talk smack, just don't understand why you were so adamant to change posts to put down posters excited about their smaller programs trying to advance themselves. Apparently you think I'm some just some SJW huffing and puffing over here though.......smh

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'

Quote Originally Posted by UNHWildcat18 View Post
    lol???? Don't get me wrong I love talking smack with people and watching other people talk smack, just don't understand why you were so adamant to change posts to put down posters excited about their smaller programs trying to advance themselves. Apparently you think I'm some just some SJW huffing and puffing over here though.......smh
    Basically because they weren't excited when they had a national championship within their grasp, why would you expect them to be excited when they are just meh and playing a just meh game?

Quote Originally Posted by etiger View Post
    This is a good thing for Baltimore and Towson. Yes, I think Towson wins big, but the excitement this will generate in the Baltimore Area will be a blessing for TU. Local TV stations will be talking about this game for a week before the game. Talk Radio will talk about it. This will lead to more interest in TU Football, especially when we end up winning 8/9 games this year and make the playoff's!!!!
    To be honest, I think the game will mean very little in Baltimore, even though I personally think it is a great thing that Towson and Morgan State are playing each other. Look at when the Baltimore area DI schools (specifically Towson, Morgan State, Coppin State, Loyola, and UMBC) have tried to organize intra-Baltimore college basketball doubleheaders emphasizing and showcasing Baltimore college basketball - few people cared. Baltimore area sports fans are primarily focused on the Ravens, Orioles, and University of Maryland to care about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by etiger View Post
    This is a good thing for Baltimore and Towson. Yes, I think Towson wins big, but the excitement this will generate in the Baltimore Area will be a blessing for TU. Local TV stations will be talking about this game for a week before the game. Talk Radio will talk about it. This will lead to more interest in TU Football, especially when we end up winning 8/9 games this year and make the playoff's!!!!
    I hope you're right. Having local interest in this rivalry could make it a great thing. What's with the "for greater Baltimore" thing? Towson is the seat of Baltimore County and the zip code abuts the city line. What is it, like a mile from the stadium to the city line? All I know is in high school we marched it as part of a parade to reopen that shopping center down there. We didn't even take a bus back, we just walked back up York Rd along the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    To be honest, I think the game will mean very little in Baltimore, even though I personally think it is a great thing that Towson and Morgan State are playing each other. Look at when the Baltimore area DI schools (specifically Towson, Morgan State, Coppin State, Loyola, and UMBC) have tried to organize intra-Baltimore college basketball doubleheaders emphasizing and showcasing Baltimore college basketball - few people cared. Baltimore area sports fans are primarily focused on the Ravens, Orioles, and University of Maryland to care about anything else.
    The local lacrosse rivalries between Hopkins, Loyola, and Towson have done well, but their campuses are so close they almost touch (JHU and Loyola technically do), but yeah FCS football isn't a huge draw. I'd love to see it get there though. Of course it would help if Loyola would start up a program (hint, hint, hint)

First Class FCS Ruler UIWWildthing's Avatar

I'll be at the game (of course), but PAllen has it right. Lacrosse is the big sport at Towson, especially with the recent success for the Tigers making the Final Four this year. There isn't a huge fan base for Towson's football team, and there never hasn't really been to be honest.

Morgan State fans only get excited for Howard, Homecoming and occasionally Hampton. A few years ago they actually had a decent team but drew no local interest.

Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    Baltimore area sports fans are primarily focused on the Ravens, Orioles, and University of Maryland to care about anything else.
    ....just like NYC.....
    1-AA is tops!!

Re: Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by kdinva View Post
    ....just like NYC.....
    More like just like any place that actually has a decent number of people living there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk