Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Fox Sports ranks the FCS Football Conferences

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    8. Patriot League (6 teams).

Oops..
    Time will tell where the league finishes this year. Now that everyone (whelp there's GTown) is up to speed with scholarships the PL has the potential to pass the Big South, Southland and OVC in time. In fact, I'd be disappointed if they don't get by at least 2 of them. The SoCon is a tweener and the Big Sky, CAA and MVC are simply better than everyone else over the long haul.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

In Hell preparing rooms for OVC officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    Time will tell where the league finishes this year. Now that everyone (whelp there's GTown) is up to speed with scholarships the PL has the potential to pass the Big South, Southland and OVC in time. In fact, I'd be disappointed if they don't get by at least 2 of them. The SoCon is a tweener and the Big Sky, CAA and MVC are simply better than everyone else over the long haul.
    The SoCon wipes the floor with the Big Sky 8 days a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    The SoCon wipes the floor with the Big Sky 8 days a week.
    There is no doubt about that. The SoCon should be the #2 league. All others say so. The patsy should be like 12th. JUST a smidge above the Pioneer.
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    There is no doubt about that. The SoCon should be the #2 league. All others say so. The patsy should be like 12th. JUST a smidge above the Pioneer.
    I wouldn't say that. But I also wouldn't say the CAA is head and shoulders above them either. I think it's a toss up and depends on what you rank the strength of a conference by. I think the SoCon has more depth but we haven't seen anyone in the SoCon win a quarterfinals game since Georgia Southern. In that span, 4 CAA teams have punched tickets to the Semis and beyond.
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    I wouldn't say that. But I also wouldn't say the CAA is head and shoulders above them either. I think it's a toss up and depends on what you rank the strength of a conference by. I think the SoCon has more depth but we haven't seen anyone in the SoCon win a quarterfinals game since Georgia Southern. In that span, 4 CAA teams have punched tickets to the Semis and beyond.
    It's pretty easy to do when you get to play who they have played (sans JMU winning in Fargo). The South Carolina version of the bracket must not be allowed to happen again. If it is a national playoff system why must one have to navigate teams from your own State who you played in the regular year?
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

It's pretty easy to do when you get to play who they have played (sans JMU winning in Fargo). The South Carolina version of the bracket must not be allowed to happen again. If it is a national playoff system why must one have to navigate teams from your own State who you played in the regular year?
    You already know the answer to this.

Major FCS Ruler

It's pretty easy to do when you get to play who they have played (sans JMU winning in Fargo).
    In the past 4 seasons, CAA teams have beaten playoff opponents from every conference except the consensus last place Pioneer.

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    In the past 4 seasons, CAA teams have beaten playoff opponents from every conference except the consensus last place Pioneer.
    You spelled patriot league wrong.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

About as good as you're going to get at this point in the season.

On the Breast of Old South Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    Perhaps a bit higher but as a league we have yet to improve our OOC schedules and performances. Lehigh and Fordham will score bunches but will either D improve enough for us to be taken seriously post season.
    True. I would have had us one slot higher.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016