Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Sports ranks the FCS Football Conferences

My Team
    South Dakota State

Re: Fox Sports ranks the FCS Football Conferences

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    I understand that. I was going more for "the entire idea of regionalization is just the NCAAs way of being greedy and teams should be seeded based on performance not by who they are near".

I think its garbage for the Midwest teams, the SC teams, and all the others that get lumped into a group.

But you know, it's going to be garbage for a while because I doubt the NCAA is keen to change their tune and if we really want to push for a change saying "you guys shouldn't complain because we have it worse" or whatnot isn't helping. We should have as many voices complaining about it as we can find. Maybe one day there will be enough for the NCAA to listen.
    You're right. However, since SDSU fans catch **** all the time for being mad about a worse situation and being told to stop their whining etc, I'm not the most sympathetic to other teams in a similar but lesser so situation. I mean, at least with the teams they get matched with in SC they have a chance to outbid them. Even with our new stadium if we aren't a seed we get paired up with the two highest bidding teams in the country, almost every, damn, year. And that's looking past how tough of home environments those are in the playoffs. So sorry I don't have a lot of sympathy for something that only happened two years in a row, didn't repeat the same playoff matchup that year, and were against teams that were feasible to outbid for home games.

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by mango433 View Post
    Which is conveniently what happened to SDSU this past year.
    Funny how that happens isn't it?

For some perspective for people, SDSU is 4-6 in the playoffs. Against teams not named NDSU or Montana they are 4-1. It's is what it is and There's no changing it. I'm tired of being pissed about it.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Funny how that happens isn't it?

For some perspective for people, SDSU is 4-6 in the playoffs. Against teams not named NDSU or Montana they are 4-1. It's is what it is and There's no changing it. I'm tired of being pissed about it.
    You know, if SDSU had just beaten Illinois St in '16 and WIU in the season finale of '15....
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Master FCS Advocate
    My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You know, if SDSU had just beaten Illinois St in '15 and WIU in the season finale of '14....
    You shut your mouth

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    You're right. However, since SDSU fans catch **** all the time for being mad about a worse situation and being told to stop their whining etc, I'm not the most sympathetic to other teams in a similar but lesser so situation. I mean, at least with the teams they get matched with in SC they have a chance to outbid them. Even with our new stadium if we aren't a seed we get paired up with the two highest bidding teams in the country, almost every, damn, year. And that's looking past how tough of home environments those are in the playoffs. So sorry I don't have a lot of sympathy for something that only happened two years in a row, didn't repeat the same playoff matchup that year, and were against teams that were feasible to outbid for home games.
    #JackrabbitLivesMatter

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by mango433 View Post
    You shut your whore mouth
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    #JackrabbitLivesMatter
    WAIT TILL I HOLD MY FREEWAY PROTEST

First Class FCS Ruler Catamount87's Avatar
    My Team
    Western Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    Congrats to UTC on their 3 recent playoff wins, but I wouldn't give them any crown yet.
    My comment is more about your lack of knowledge of the SoCon while you present yourself as some well informed pundit. You called Furman the only real giant remaining in the SoCon. Yet they've really struggled the last 6 years. This only shows what little you know.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    I'm sure it upsets the "our conference is so much better than your's" crowd's argument. I mean, if we don't really belong and are only there as an affirmative action case, then why does Lehigh have a habit of knocking off the best teams in the best conferences come playoff time?
    I'm really torn on the playoffs if Lehigh can't host. If they refuse to host or are incapable than I see no reason to participate. I think it's disrespectful to the student-athletes to force them to hit the road as a reward for a great season. They have the facility and money to get either add or rent lights. There's simply no excuse to play on the road.

The only other caveat with Lehigh's playoff record is they have a habit of running in either the national champ or runner-up. They lost by 6 to eventual champ UMass in '98 in the quarterfinals and by 1 to JMU in '04 and by 24 to NDSU in '11. There's also losses to runner-up Furman in '01 and Delaware in '10. So when you're losing to those teams there's not much you can do. No one is saying Lehigh has been the best team in the country over that period. At most in '98, '01 and '11 they were title game contenders with a better draw imo. Last year was easily Lehigh's worst playoff performance. Which is weird because (outside of potentially Hofstra in '01) it's the only time there were the betting favorite.

At the end of the day they need to get back to the playoffs more. A stronger PL means a better case for an at large. The 2012 team was more than capable of winning a game or two had they got in. This is the year to do some damage if they can get a home game. Lehigh has some legit big time FCS talent on offense this year. Their skill guys are very EWU like. The problem remains recruiting difference makers on D. They need a Martucci, Morgan, Chagani, Owens etc along the DL and an Abduhl Byron in the secondary. Lehigh had a run of several first team TSN All-American's during their late 90's early '00's run.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    I'm really torn on the playoffs if Lehigh can't host. If they refuse to host or are incapable than I see no reason to participate. I think it's disrespectful to the student-athletes to force them to hit the road as a reward for a great season. They have the facility and money to get either add or rent lights. There's simply no excuse to play on the road.

The only other caveat with Lehigh's playoff record is they have a habit of running in either the national champ or runner-up. They lost by 6 to eventual champ UMass in '98 in the quarterfinals and by 1 to JMU in '04 and by 24 to NDSU in '11. There's also losses to runner-up Furman in '01 and Delaware in '10. So when you're losing to those teams there's not much you can do. No one is saying Lehigh has been the best team in the country over that period. At most in '98, '01 and '11 they were title game contenders with a better draw imo. Last year was easily Lehigh's worst playoff performance. Which is weird because (outside of potentially Hofstra in '01) it's the only time there were the betting favorite.

At the end of the day they need to get back to the playoffs more. A stronger PL means a better case for an at large. The 2012 team was more than capable of winning a game or two had they got in. This is the year to do some damage if they can get a home game. Lehigh has some legit big time FCS talent on offense this year. Their skill guys are very EWU like. The problem remains recruiting difference makers on D. They need a Martucci, Morgan, Chagani, Owens etc along the DL and an Abduhl Byron in the secondary. Lehigh had a run of several first team TSN All-American's during their late 90's early '00's run.
    Also unsure about playoff participation going forward. I find the whole light thing to be a completely artificial barrier favoring certain teams. At some point it becomes nothing more than a money race to raise the price of admission to the party, and I feel that's where we are. As far as this year goes, until LU's D learns how to tackle, we won't be making too much noise in the playoffs. There are only so many Towson State track meets you can win in a row.