Someone posted this article from Hero Sports over on the JSU board and I instantly thought "there are better possible matchups than this".

First things first, James Madison and North Dakota State head into the 2017 season as clear favorites to meet up in the FCS title game. Both have favorable schedules where more than one loss would be a surprise, putting them as the likely No. 1 and 2 seeds.

But as much as the consensus is that the Dukes and Bison are the top dogs, a lot can change in half a year.

*snip*

As the past has shown, the most popular preseason pick to make the FCS title game usually doesn't happen. This year could certainly be different, as JMU and NDSU look to be a step above the remaining teams. A rematch in Frisco of the 2016 semifinals would be an absolute slobberknocker. Not to mention the Dallas suburbs being overrun with the two most passionate fan bases in the FCS.
But just in case this season continues the same trend as previous years, let's take a look at 10 other fantasy FCS title games that could happen.
http://herosports.com/fcs-football/1...17-season-bzbz

Do I think most of these are likely to happen? Not in the least. But it's still fun to think about.

My top 5:
JSU vs UTC

I personally think a JSU/UTC matchup in Frisco would be fun. End the season where it began with one of the biggest emerging rivalries in the FCS. Not only would it kick the rivalry into overdrive, the JSU/ UTC games have been extremely close and extremely entertaining games.

James Madison vs. NDSU

For obvious reasons I don't think I'm alone in saying this would be a fun matchup to watch. Last year's game in the semifinals was a fun one and having both fan bases in Frisco would probably set all the local bar owners up for retirement.

JSU vs. Eastern Washington

Traditionally, the two teams here have been offensive powerhouses over the past couple years but rely on different methods to rack up their points. EWU's passing attack vs. JSU's running game. Needless to say, this game would likely be a track meet. I think it would be an interesting matchup just due to how JSU and EWU are built.

JSU vs. The Citadel

It would be nice to have something extra to bug Citdog with. Besides, this game would likely be a fun one. I've personally wanted a game with El Cid for a while and I think the matchups with the running games given that both teams have good defenses. Could be a low scoring game.

JSU vs. NDSU

Both teams have seen significant changes since their last matchup and I think Grass finally got the memo what doesn't work against hard-nosed Valley teams. I'd personally like to see a rematch. If JSU is able to make it back to the Title game it will likely mean their penalty problem has subsided and we would have a better chance than we did two years ago against Wentz.

What matchups would you guys want to see in Frisco this year?