Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
I find it hard to believe it will be anyone other than Fordham and Lehigh this year. Both teams are loaded with top-shelf FCS talent on offense. I don't see Colgate being much of a factor sadly. Their schedule is one again brutal and they suffered heavy graduation losses. They do have some good skill guys and a solid front 7 on D. OL and QB are extremely dicey though.

Lafayette will absolutely be improved! I think they could challenge for as high as 3rd. They're Fordham circa 2011 (1-10) to 2012 (6-5).

Holy Cross has Pujals, McBeath and not much else. Who is Pujals throwing to? I think Gilmore is cooked.

Bucknell's offense might actually be worse this year and Georgetown is still a stadium away from having a chance...

I do think Lehigh and Fordham will give the league some much needed national respect this year. I'm confident this is the year scholarships really pay off. Colgate got the ball rolling two years ago but there's another hurdle or two to cross. Both LU and FU could sniff the Top 10 by the end of the year if the D's improve imo. Lehigh was on the right track last year. They went from historically bad in 2015 to "nearly mediocre". If they can reach "pretty good" in 2017 it could be a huge year.
There won't be ONE patsy league team in the Top 15 but you think TWO will be in the Top 10!