Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: How much anticipation and excitement is surrounding your 2017 season opener?

Playing at Ford Field in Dallas, Texas against the Mustangs of SMU with 32,000 fans.

Our record against FBS teams is pretty sad, so Lumberjack fans know where we stand.

With about 45% of the Lumberjacks roster different from last season and 5 new position coaches including DC who knows?
    FB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2014
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    TOTAL SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 87
    MBB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1931 32 33 34 35 36 40 48 55 64 67 70 71 72 82 83 87 08 09 13 14 15 16
    SLC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2010 2012 2015 2016 2017

AXE'EM JACKS!

Re: How much anticipation and excitement is surrounding your 2017 season opener?

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    I said I wanted a D1 opponent, didn't I?
    What's the likelihood of us seeing this game soon?

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

AGS FCS Champion

Playing #18 Kansas State in a 50,000 seat stadium... Us fans are both excited yet realistic. Our administration...doesn't know the game is even happening.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous
    Artist formerly known as: UCABEAR

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Playing #18 Kansas State in a 50,000 seat stadium... Us fans are both excited yet realistic. Our administration...doesn't know the game is even happening.
    Would love to see UCA pull this one out. Best of luck. GO CATS!!! (WCU, not KSU) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Catatonic View Post
    There is a lot of excitement at ACU--

New Coach. Adam Dorrel in 6 years as HC at D2 Northwestern MO. he averaged more than 12 wins a year, was 3x D2 national coach of the year, Won 4 conference championships and 3 national titles, including the last two years. In the short time he has been on campus he has initiated a profound change in the culture. Players are held accountable for actions on and off the field

New Stadium. Opening for a new 52 million dollar on campus stadium is set for Sept 16, following two away games vs Mt West opponents.
    There's no way a coach with that pedigree, even if it's D2, isn't going to turn ACU into a Southland contender in relatively short order (3-5 years from now). A new stadium is always exciting and helps to draw bigger crowds.

Heck, if he can assemble a smash mouth defensive presence, the SLC teams will crumble.

rootin, I am already predicting JMU to beat East Carolina. Don't let me down. GO CATS!!! GO FCS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SFA 93 View Post
    Playing at Ford Field in Dallas, Texas against the Mustangs of SMU with 32,000 fans.
    It won't be 32,000. SMU can't draw crowds beyond the old SWC teams.
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    It won't be 32,000. SMU can't draw crowds beyond the old SWC teams.
    Agree. I don't see "the Chad" being any savior for them either.

Quote Originally Posted by catamount man View Post
    rootin, I am already predicting JMU to beat East Carolina. Don't let me down. GO CATS!!! GO FCS!!!
    Yeah, I'll admit I'm excited for this FBS game more than most because it's winnable. We all thought SMU was winnable in 2014, and well... it was. Akron in 2013 should have been a win, but Mickey Matthews was being Mickey. No Timeouts left with the drive down the field for a game winning FG. Akron defenders taking their sweet time getting up off the ground to milk clock, faking injuries, etc.

We can beat ECU but I'm trying to temper my expecations and not be full of arrogance just because we're the defending champs. We did lose to UNC last year, but that's UNC. Very much not ECU. ECU won 3 games last year but should be better. We've lost our star RB but return all other RBs and have a GT starting RB transfer who should start. We return our QB.
    Biggest losses come from the O Line, WRs and LBs. We've addressed LBs depth with some FBS transfers. Hopefully we'll be like NDSU and not rebuild, but simply reload.

I've never been to Dowdy Ficklen stadium or ECU. It'll be a whole lot of purple. Their fans think they can beat us. Massey has us as favorites already. Their HC will not let them overlook us.

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Yeah, I'll admit I'm excited for this FBS game more than most because it's winnable. We all thought SMU was winnable in 2014, and well... it was. Akron in 2013 should have been a win, but Mickey Matthews was being Mickey. No Timeouts left with the drive down the field for a game winning FG. Akron defenders taking their sweet time getting up off the ground to milk clock, faking injuries, etc.

We can beat ECU but I'm trying to temper my expecations and not be full of arrogance just because we're the defending champs. We did lose to UNC last year, but that's UNC. Very much not ECU. ECU won 3 games last year but should be better. We've lost our star RB but return all other RBs and have a GT starting RB transfer who should start. We return our QB.
    Biggest losses come from the O Line, WRs and LBs. We've addressed LBs depth with some FBS transfers. Hopefully we'll be like NDSU and not rebuild, but simply reload.

I've never been to Dowdy Ficklen stadium or ECU. It'll be a whole lot of purple. Their fans think they can beat us. Massey has us as favorites already. Their HC will not let them overlook us.
    JMU 21 ECU 17 - my prediction. GO CATS!!!