Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
Yeah, I'll admit I'm excited for this FBS game more than most because it's winnable. We all thought SMU was winnable in 2014, and well... it was. Akron in 2013 should have been a win, but Mickey Matthews was being Mickey. No Timeouts left with the drive down the field for a game winning FG. Akron defenders taking their sweet time getting up off the ground to milk clock, faking injuries, etc.

We can beat ECU but I'm trying to temper my expecations and not be full of arrogance just because we're the defending champs. We did lose to UNC last year, but that's UNC. Very much not ECU. ECU won 3 games last year but should be better. We've lost our star RB but return all other RBs and have a GT starting RB transfer who should start. We return our QB.
Biggest losses come from the O Line, WRs and LBs. We've addressed LBs depth with some FBS transfers. Hopefully we'll be like NDSU and not rebuild, but simply reload.

I've never been to Dowdy Ficklen stadium or ECU. It'll be a whole lot of purple. Their fans think they can beat us. Massey has us as favorites already. Their HC will not let them overlook us.
JMU 21 ECU 17 - my prediction. GO CATS!!!