Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Master FCS Advocate UNDColorado's Avatar

Re: Athlon's Projected FCS Playoff Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    JESUS **** TAKE YOUR POLITICAL BULL**** SOMEWHERE ELSE. This board is the only ****ing place I get to not have people's political spats thrown all over what I'm trying to take part in. It's NOT. THAT. HARD.
    Agreed, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
    Yeah we play weak teams like Richmond to start the season instead of the juggernauts like Robert Morris and Miss. Valley State.
    Richmond will be a good game.... Frankly I'm embarrassed at our opening play as well, but EWU will be interesting with a new coach.

My dark horse pick from the SoCon is Furman (This assumes that Chattanooga, The Citadel, Wofford, and Samford are pre-season playoff contenders)

I will also state that The Citadel wasn't considered a contender pre-season in 2015 nor was Wofford in 2016.

FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mocs123 View Post
    My dark horse pick from the SoCon is Furman (This assumes that Chattanooga, The Citadel, Wofford, and Samford are pre-season playoff contenders)

I will also state that The Citadel wasn't considered a contender pre-season in 2015 nor was Wofford in 2016.
    This is why I love the FCS over the FBS. It is rare in FBS that somebody besides Alabama, Clemson, USC, Florida State, etc. make a splash. It seems like every year a couple of surprise FCS teams take a leap forward and make some serious noise in the playoffs. I am looking forward to seeing who it will be this season.
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    This is why I love the FCS over the FBS. It is rare in FBS that somebody besides Alabama, Clemson, USC, Florida State, etc. make a splash. It seems like every year a couple of surprise FCS teams take a leap forward and make some serious noise in the playoffs. I am looking forward to seeing who it will be this season.
    I agree 100% with you on that.
    "Be careful. NDSU is the dirtiest team you will face. Expect them to do everything possible to wreck your best players. Case in point. In the NDSU Richmond game last year in the semis,, David Jones returned a punt and the NDSU player launched himself helmet first at the arm of David. It was the slimiest thing I have ever seen. It wrecked his arm. NDSU knows the refs "let them play". NDSU takes full advantage. If you play them, expect a dirty game. They break the rules." Stonewall D