Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FCS Master

Athlon's Projected FCS Playoff Teams

AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    My Team
    The Citadel

Re: Athlon's Projected FCS Playoff Teams

Craig needs to correct some facts. The Southern Conference had 4 teams in the Playoffs last season. Also The Citadel will be in there again but his opinion is is opinion.
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

My Team
    GO BUCS

Glad to see they think we make it. Its us or Kennesaw and I think we're still the better team even though they're gonna be very good very very soon.

Dont see The Citadel missing playoffs. I also think Wofford wins the SoCon, but Citadel will finish no worse than 3rd and get an at large.
    Yeah our stadium is a dump. But your mama has season tickets.

Haley may be looking at the fact that Citadel loses 8 starters on offense this season, including 4 out of 5 on the O-line.
    Also, fairly tough conf road lineup. Losing all-American Dee Delaney to Miami doesn't help.
    It's not easy being a geek....

AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    My Team
    The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Haley may be looking at the fact that Citadel loses 8 starters on offense this season, including 4 out of 5 on the O-line.
    Also, fairly tough conf road lineup. Losing all-American Dee Delaney to Miami doesn't help.
    That's why the first 4 weeks of the season are set up so well. By the time we get to the nitty gritty we should have some fellas broke in.
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

My Team
    GO BUCS

True but with good triple option teams its just plug and play. Wofford, Ga Tech, Navy etc its why they're all so consistently good. The system allows turnover without much drop off. Ive said for years I wanted CSU and my favorite FBS team the USG Gamecocks to run the triple option. When Spurrier left USC should've thrown the bank at Paul Johnson and gotten him.

Citadel will be fine (at leasf until they play us!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucs2016 View Post
    True but with good triple option teams its just plug and play. Wofford, Ga Tech, Navy etc its why they're all so consistently good. The system allows turnover without much drop off. Ive said for years I wanted CSU and my favorite FBS team the USG Gamecocks to run the triple option. When Spurrier left USC should've thrown the bank at Paul Johnson and gotten him.

Citadel will be fine (at leasf until they play us!!!!)
    True of some teams, but The Cit lost 7 gms 2013, 7 gms 2014, improved to 4 in 2015. not exactly plugnplay then, but hopefully they have arrived.
    We will see if they are re-loaded by ETSU week 3, an upset wouldn't shock me.
    It's not easy being a geek....

My Team
    GO BUCS

True of some teams, but The Cit lost 7 gms 2013, 7 gms 2014, improved to 4 in 2015. not exactly plugnplay then, but hopefully they have arrived.
    We will see if they are re-loaded by ETSU week 3, an upset wouldn't shock me.
    They went through a coaching change after 2014 I believe, when Mike Houston brought that system in. Hes obviously gone, but his assistant got the job and system remains in place. Kind of same spot my team is in, HC left but key assistant took over.

AGS FCS Champion

I think for the Southland once the top 2 teams from last year get through the first 4 weeks, it will be ( should be ) pretty obvious if they are playoff bound.

Sam Houston has:

Richmond - Tough game. Could be a win ... could be a loss. Great matchup though.
    Prairie View- Should be an easy win but SHSU has had a history of losing easy games like this.
    Nicholls- SHSU won last year 38-21. While I think this is likely a win, it won't be an easy one.
    UCA- Alright Coach Campbell at UCA has seen the Bearkat offense. Can he scheme enough to change last years horrible debacle.

Predicted: 3-1 but Nicholls and UCA may pull an upset.

UCA has:

Kansas State- I'm not even going to address this loss.
    Murray State- I'm leaning toward a win.
    Southeastern Louisiana- A tossup game. Seriously. But I think with 2 games under their belt the Bears win.
    Sam Houston- Loss. that dang pass defense has got to show up or it will be another easy throw over the top day for the Bearkats.

Predicted: 2-2. K-State and SHSU losses.

The rest of the schedules should be wins for both teams with the exception of McNeese coming to UCA and maybe the SLU game with SHSU.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

Prairie View- Should be an easy win but SHSU has had a history of losing easy games like this.
    I don't recall us ever losing to a SWAC school. Maybe you are confused thinking of SFA??

Class of 1994
    Eat’em Up Kats!!!