Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
I think a guy that could quietly become one of the most feared offensive threats in the SoCon is Furman WR Thomas Gordon.

Gordon really didn't get involved in Furman's offense until about 1/3 of the way through the season. He still finished top 10 in all purpose yards as a freshman.

While there is a lot of speculation about what Furman may do offensively in 2017, I do think Gordon is going to be a big part of whatever it is. With a renewed focus on the running game and play action, Gordon can be a guy that can take the lid off the defense down field. He won't have the sheer number of catches, but I predict he will have an incredibly high yards per catch and a lot of scores.
Gordon was one of the few offensive bright spots in 2016. This pre-season list just shows how far Furman has to go to get back to deserve levels of respect. Schmidt, Bush, Annoor, Reid, Okonya have a pretty good chance of being on some SoCon lists by the end of this season.

The unknown with the most potential for Furman is a Clay Hendrix offense. Clay's track record at Furman and Air Force speaks for itself when you add Drew Cronic and George Quarles it becomes very interesting. I think it's not too optimistic to think that Furman will have an offensive player or players make some noise in the SoCon in 2017.

Possible 2017 Offensive Breakout Players
Blaze might be the most underrated QB in the SoCon… hopefully, Cronic can help him slow the game down and be more consistent.
Darius Morehead played only one complete game in 2016… MichSt: 20 rushes 83 yards, 2 receptions 25 yards. He's fast!
Bailey Rogers could be a key piece in the new Furman offense, Rogers reminds me of Christian McCaffrey a little, he can play in the return game, run sweeps, and is dangerous after the catch.
Finally, Clay Hendrix knows how to develop and coach offensive linemen, all of us Paladins have moaned about our offensive line woes since Clay departed for Air Force. Furman has young offensive linemen they should develop quite well under Hendrix's coaching.