Thanks for putting together the lists. I am from the camp that thinks that pre-season rankings are little more than conversation starters for fans in the offseason, but it's June and I am ready for the season to start so lets discuss.

With the coaching changes in Chattanooga and the resulting scheme changes I am not sure what to expect. On the defensive side we are going from a 4-2-5 to a 3-4-4 and I think Derek Mahaffey is going to have a big year at Nose. It's not a big stats position, but arguably the most important position in a 3-4.

One player I am excited about seeing is Hawk Schrider at OLB. What little I have seen he is a high motor kid that reminded me a little of Davis Tull.

Tae Davis has moved to inside linebacker and he is a great football player too. He has paid his dues being a special teams monster, and I think he shine in a starting role.

On the offensive side of the ball, watch wideout Alphanso Stuart a big experianced player with good hands who has been bangged up the past few years. If healthy, he could play a big part in the passing game.

Dark horse is Running Back Darrel Bridges who is a graduate transfer from Presbyterian. He played at nearby Ridgeland HS and wanted to play at UTC, but we wanted him as a LB (signed RB Derrick Craine in the same class) and he wanted to play RB. Well he is getting his chance to play RB for his hometown school now. He may end up as our starting back, or he may end up third string, I have no idea. His sophomore year at Presbyterian was pretty impressive but he seemed to take a little bit of a step back this year. It will be interesting to see if he is more successful having a better supporting cast than he had with the Blue Hose and how he handles not being the main (only) offensive option.