Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GoHens.net

AGS FCS Champion

Re: GoHens.net

Reading over there that they think we have Oil Money flowing to the football program.

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 & '17 National Champions

this was posted on gohens by the site owner Hensrock, I'm sure he will see this soon and Bison fans will be able to sign up

Dear GoHens Members,

The site has been experiencing technical difficulties lately.
    My host provider swears nothing has changed, but I feel that the site's performance is definitely slower and it is also getting errors at times when there are a high number of users on the site. I will have to dig into this more, but with my work schedule I just have not had the time. One possible solution which my provider of course suggests, is to upgrade my plan ($$$). I've been on the same plan for 10 years and nothing has really changed much on my end.

There may be more disruptions in the future, but GoHens.net is NOT going away!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as I resolve the issues. Thanks!

GO HENS!
    Welcome back Delaware Bluehens

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    AGS is a really good hub of many of people doing many things in FCS
    Got any interesting traffic stats? The number of views on some threads and number users online is surprising to me sometimes.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
    Got any interesting traffic stats? The number of views on some threads and number users online is surprising to me sometimes.
    Just go look at the AGS FCS Twitter account....

There are some very high ranking people that follow that account. You can assume they read here too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 & '17 National Champions

I'm better than you...probably

Quote Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
    Traffic stats from years back when I had google analytics going (should get that set up again but just don't seem to GAF about it) showed 1 million to 1.5 million page views/month and between 35-45K in unique users in the heavy months but that was back in like 2011 or 2012 so not sure what it is now.

As IBY said, there are a ton of fairly high profile FCS people like coaches from HC on down the line and AD's etc. that follow the AGS twitter account and Phil Longo has interacted with us over there as well as former players and other Athletic Dept. peops from around the country. A lot of FCS media people like radio folks etc. also interact or follow with us there as well.

Don't know if that answers what you were asking but it's the best I got from memory.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

I'm better than you...probably

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    this was posted on gohens by the site owner Hensrock, I'm sure he will see this soon and Bison fans will be able to sign up

Dear GoHens Members,

My host provider swears nothing has changed, but I feel that the site's performance is definitely slower and it is also getting errors at times when there are a high number of users on the site. I will have to dig into this more, but with my work schedule I just have not had the time. One possible solution which my provider of course suggests, is to upgrade my plan ($$$). I've been on the same plan for 10 years and nothing has really changed much on my end.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as I resolve the issues. Thanks!

GO HENS!
    Hmm, sounds fishy in that Alpha had a site hosted (phpbb) on a fairly large host and he also had these same type of problems so maybe somebody is screwing with him purposely in the same manner.

I love AGS' hosting company. If anyone is having trouble (Hensrock) and wants any help with things like this please let me know.

The ones I use will bend over backwards to help you out from everything I've ever asked of them.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post

Dear GoHens Members,

GO HENS!
    Running a small site like gohen should be easy. Needs a small VPS. The problem is the majority of the hosting companies are a cartel. Few companies sitting at the top, spawning off new LLC's and making use of the same infrastructure. Any company you might come up on hosting rankings, what's the best host on Google are controlled by the same cartel.

Not many people know this.

The first thing to do is to make sure gohens is not owned by your hosting provider. Google is an excellent domain registrar.

Then needs to just export gohen to a new host. Many will do it for free or a small fee. Then go into Google domains and change the server that domain points to. It's a simple process. The big problem is finding a good host. I've been using big scoots for my friends websites, and have been nothing but happy.

The Don of the MVFC Mafia BisonBacker's Avatar
    Where ever I happen to be when you are reading this!

There is some real comedic gold over on that board. Guess they think the reason for success at NDSU is Oil Money because lord forbid no player from anywhere would want to come and play in Fargo for a winner. You can't make this stuff up it's priceless. You guys this is going to be a fun run up to the game over the coming months and into next fall. They may not want to open their board up to registration after NDSU fans read some of that drivel it's hilarious.

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtop...23353&start=30
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    There is some real comedic gold over on that board. Guess they think the reason for success at NDSU is Oil Money because lord forbid no player from anywhere would want to come and play in Fargo for a winner. You can't make this stuff up it's priceless. You guys this is going to be a fun run up to the game over the coming months and into next fall. They may not want to open their board up to registration after NDSU fans read some of that drivel it's hilarious.

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtop...23353&start=30

Dude you need to relax. There are knuckle heads on GO HENS like anywhere but most are rational adults who like talking about the Hens and related subjects.

We respect your program look forward to the game in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    Dude you need to relax. There are knuckle heads on GO HENS like anywhere but most are rational adults who like talking about the Hens and related subjects.

We respect your program look forward to the game in September.
    maybe I should do a Gohens scouting report Henny....
    Welcome back Delaware Bluehens