Quote Originally Posted by Bucs2016 View Post
I actually think its not a bad idea. Heres why:

1. TV. FCS games would get televised more. And crowds would likely be bigger since most FCS competes with fans of much larger college FBS teams.
2. Spring Bowls. Hear me out. FBS has spring practice. What if their spring game became an exhibition game. And the opponent??? FCS teams who dont make our playoff. So...if my team CSU misses the playoff we could have an exhibition game vs USC or Clemson for their spring game. They'd PAY US of course...which would be the guarantee money. AND...the football starved fans of the FBS teams would get an actual real game vs an outside opponent. It would also eliminate the fall FCS vs FBS which FBS fans hate. And it adds a real home game for all the FBS teams, in the spring. Everyone wins.
Duffy Daugherty of Michigan State said this back in the late 60s early 70s. His suggestion was have the biggest rivals play each other so it would be a sellout. The problem was- do you count it on the previous season or the next one? Half the teams going into the next season would be 0-1 through the summer.........

Someone brought up the problem of spring weather for baseball/softball. One year the first time that the MSU-Mankato softball team played at home was for the regional. The solution is to move the seasons to the summer. But the NCAA won't do that- too much money to keep the athletes on campus during that time.