Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Top 3 FCS to FBS Road Trips.

Best FCS to FBS?

Kansas State
    Iowa State
    Iowa

The U of Kansas game was the worst. What a bunch of dick wads.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    The Iowa game for me. I got to take my 6.5 year old son, my wife and my buddy to the game. We all got to play bags within 50 feet of Kinnick Stadium with some friends. Great game.

We also took the Hawkeye Express in from the outskirts.

Dewey
    Ditto. Only difference from your post is I didn't play bags and we had a group of friends joining us. Our sons are the same age.

FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Ditto. Only difference from your post is I didn't play bags and we had a group of friends joining us. Our sons are the same age.
    Pretty dang special to be able to bring the kids with to the games. My oldest son has been to Frisco, Kinnick and SDSU.

My other two favorite GAS at FBS games wears when NDSU beat the U of MN in 2007 and 2011.

I didn't make it to Kansas State or Colorado State. Or any other FBS games for that matter.

Dewey
    "You're not defined by a moment, you're defined by your body of work, and that's the best body of work in college football." NDSU head football coach Chris Klieman

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Pretty dang special to be able to bring the kids with to the games. My oldest son has been to Frisco, Kinnick and SDSU.

My other two favorite GAS at FBS games wears when NDSU beat the U of MN in 2007 and 2011.

I didn't make it to Kansas State or Colorado State. Or any other FBS games for that matter.

Dewey
    Yeah it is. My son can name probably half our starters.

Funnest time I had at an FBS game was the SDSU-Iowa State game just because the tailgating was fantastic.

Nebraska was pretty weak, didn't enjoy it as much as everyone said I would.

Only other FBS game I've been to was the SDSU-Minnesota game and I covered it for the school paper. I sat in the press box at TCF and didn't really get to experience it.

AGS FCS Champion

I have been the NDSU-Iowa State game (the one we lost), great tailgating and pretty good fans. We tailgated with equipment dealers that had a deal set-up, pretty nice. Huge crowd, I really didn't think it would be full but it was. The better team didn't win that day, the Bison made a couple of bad plays that turned the game around but oh well.

I think that is the only FCS-FBS game I have been to, I need to get out more. I will be going to future FBS games and was going to go to the Iowa game but decided not to. That was a yugely poor decision on my part.

2009 26-14 Tribe win at UVA. Always great up there as we tailgate two blocks from the stadium.

Any trip to Blacksburg to play Va. Tech. Hokie and Tribe fans root for each other and we have a huge, joint tailgate. Top memories from 2007. Game was 5 months after Va. Tech massacre and most Tribe fans wore T-shirts in Hokie colors and logo with Tribe green&gold feathers attached to their logo. Back read: "April 16, 2007.... Today we are all Hokies".

2005 36-24 loss to Marshall and 2013 24-17 loss to West Virginia. These stand out for incredible hospitality from opposing fans, and tremendous tailgate scenes.
    Go Tribe!

I've only been to one WCU "money game" and that was 2011 at Georgia Tech. Frat row is indeed...festive. Nice stadium and just sits right out of plain site off I-85 in midtown Atlanta. Several convenient bars in the area as well. GT fans are nice as well. GO CATS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    I encountered some NE fans that sat around us at the Iowa game last year. They were rude, mouthy and really had no idea how the game is played. Ignorant would be the best description. By the end of the game they were crying about every play that should have been in NE favor that a penalty flag wasnt thrown. In all my years in this game I have never seen such behavior.
    I think you are going to encounter those types of fans everywhere. I know normally when I go to Iowa City in encounter about 70k of them. Jokes aside there are those guys in every fan base. In fact I used to sit by a few of them at the McLeod center for UNI basketball.

If you are just there to get as drunk as possible then Iowa City is a great time. If you are looking for a fun time with an electric football atmosphere then Lincoln is the place to go. Of course you have to realize these people live and breath Big Red football, and fan is short for fanatic.

UNI@BYU, UNH@Toledo, Montana @ Tennessee (the last two were a Thursday/Saturday in the same weekend, one of my best football weekends)
    "I don't care who beat who where and when. I'm telling you we will whip your ass...watch what you wish for...it's coming." -fmrbearkat 11/5/16

12/9/16:
    James Madison 65 Sam Houston State 7