Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Top 3 FCS to FBS Road Trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Been to Nebraska twice, Kansas twice, Missouri once and Iowa State once.

1) & 2)Best trip by far was the Nebraska trips. Only an hour and a half away, great fan base, nice stadium, and it also help I am also a Husker fan. Could have pulled out the first game and did have a lead in the second game.

3) Second game against Kansas. The game SDSU finally pulls out an FBS win. Sure, Kansas stunk, but it was nice seeing SDSU get the FBS monkey off its back.

Worst was Missouri. Mostly because it was hot as hell out.
    Yeah I may be biased since I live in Lincoln and my wife works at the University, but games at Nebraska are amazing. I recommend anyone who really likes college football to make a trip to a Husker game.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar

1. Arkansas 10-3 win
    2. Carolina 38-35 and 23-22 win
    3. Army 15-14 win
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

AGS FCS Expert
    In Hell preparing rooms for OVC officials.

Best- Auburn. Being in a stadium with 87,000 Barners who are stunned to silence for 59 minutes was completely surreal. Too bad it couldn't last 60 minutes.
    Last edited by JSUSoutherner; May 12th, 2017 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    Best- Auburn. Being in a stadium with 87,000 Barners who are stunned to silence for 59 minutes I was completely surreal. Too bad it couldn't last 60 minutes.
    Horseshoes and hand grenades...
    Sundown in the Paris of the prairie
    Wheat Kings have all their treasures buried

AGS FCS Champion

Best- Loiusiana Tech. Hillsides full of tailgaters. Food and drink shared everywhere. Stadium announcer was drunk.
    Average- Ole Miss. Tailgate but no grills. Everyone wore khakis and dresses. Led at halftime and their fans left.
    Poor- Arkansas State- Poor tailgating. Rude fans. No wifi. Food ran out in vendor area. Bathrooms were OLD and nasty.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous
    Artist formerly known as: UCABEAR

Best-Troy. Long-time in state rival and the game with them usually has a nice atmosphere and a lot of mingling between the fan bases.

Average-Kentucky. I was extremely underwhelmed. The stadium was half empty and the atmosphere was dead.

Poor- Eastern Michigan. It was awful. There were maybe 3,000 inside of the stadium and about half of them were affiliated with ASU or another HBCU. On top of the poor atmosphere the ref's home cooking had me cursing all game.

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

AGS FCS Expert
    In Hell preparing rooms for OVC officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Schism55 View Post
    Horseshoes and hand grenades...
    As I said. Shame it couldn't last 60 minutes.

Considering my other two FBS games were a rainy game in Death Valley and spending three hours cramped like sardines on the sidelines watching a beat down at Michigan State, Auburn easily takes the cake for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

Wisconsin
    Illinois
    Northwestern

Quote Originally Posted by UNIFanSince1983 View Post
    Yeah I may be biased since I live in Lincoln and my wife works at the University, but games at Nebraska are amazing. I recommend anyone who really likes college football to make a trip to a Husker game.
    I encountered some NE fans that sat around us at the Iowa game last year. They were rude, mouthy and really had no idea how the game is played. Ignorant would be the best description. By the end of the game they were crying about every play that should have been in NE favor that a penalty flag wasnt thrown. In all my years in this game I have never seen such behavior.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

AGS FCS Master

The Iowa game for me. I got to take my 6.5 year old son, my wife and my buddy to the game. We all got to play bags within 50 feet of Kinnick Stadium with some friends. Great game.

We also took the Hawkeye Express in from the outskirts.

Dewey
    "You're not defined by a moment, you're defined by your body of work, and that's the best body of work in college football." NDSU head football coach Chris Klieman