Some May offseason filler. Whats your 3 best away FCS game experiences as a player or fan? And if you have food recommendations for them please share.

1. The Citadel. I know its just 15 miles from my alma mater but its "away" and last time I went in 2015 we got a hotel downtown. Walked to the game after watching early SEC games at a bar, spent morning at beach. Big nice stadium. Great weather. Cool military stuff. Charleston women. We won which was nice. I'm telling yall....theres few cities like this and having a nice big FCS stadium in walking distance is hard to beat. I was also at the last App State @ Citadel game (girlfriend went to ASU). Dogs beat em. That was an incredible atmosphere. Best thing here is the huge video board and fans right on top of the field. Cannons echo off walls. Ashley River in background. And bro....they serve Chic Fil A sandwiches!!! Delicious!! If you get a chance this is a great place to come see a game.

2. Wofford. Very nice comfortable stadium. Parking was very well set up. Their fans were so cool to us and offered us tailgate food. Afterwards we went to The Beacon which apparently is somewhat famous. And I know why. Jesus Christ it was good but you'd die at age 40 if you went every day. Im big on parking and access. They have a Starbucks within short walking distance (it was cold and I love coffee!). The NFLs Panthers train here so everything is very well done and clean. And theres a huge grass hill under the scoreboard the kids can slide down on cardboard. It was just a spectacular small college football environment.

3. SC State. This was back in the late 90s when they were really good. Kinda big stadium. But let me tell ya...when their marching band is rocking and its a close game, and their stadium is packed, thats as fun of a game as you can be part of. The energy in that place was crazy with the band going.